Ch.43 ~ Hurting Him?

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long! So apparently I wasn't just sick with a cold but it was a mix of my anxiety and overworking myself that effed me up. I'm actually still not 100% even as we speak but I really felt bad about not working on this book so I decided to whip up a chapter as soon as I can! With that said.... I apologize for the shitty chapter XD

~~~~a few weeks later~~~~

Damon's POV

"Ummmm..."

I look up at Kai to find that he has somehow managed to climb all the way up onto the counter in the kitchen and reached the top shelf by standing on top of a container he must have found in the bottom cabinets.

"What? I couldn't reach the cookies." He says as if what he was doing was completely normal.

I watch amazed as he gracefully slides down the counter and back onto the floor. He puts back the container and opens up the pack of Oreos he must have been dying to eat.

"I could have gotten them if you couldn't reach" I mindlessly say and I open the fridge for the carton of milk.

"As a short person we kind of learn and get used to doing the most just to reach things. This is nothing" he continues eating his Oreos as I offer him a glass of milk which he nods to.

As I'm pouring him his glass I respond softly "but you're pregnant. What if you fell?"

"If I thought I was going to fall I would have had someone help me Damon." He lets out a small pout as he seems to have convinced himself that he was some kind of professional kitchen cabinet climber.

"Ok then." Is all I say as I chuckle under my breathe at how cute he looks when pouting before I head back into my office to finish up some paperwork I needed to do.

Kai also had some papers he needed to sign seen as though he is the Luna but they didn't need to be done right now so I let him roam free for a bit.

These past few days have been pretty lenient and boring but that was mainly because most of the pack were still either being treated for their wounds or mourning their lost loved ones.

Kai and I had gone to the large funeral where we mourned all brave wolves who lost their lives and when I tell you Kai was assigned therapist of the day I wasn't joking.

He knew exactly what to say and how to console everyone that they all ended up leaning onto him for support by the end of it.

Lost in my train of thought I don't even notice Andrew coming into my office until he calls for me.

"Alpha?" He sounds confused and he should be since I'm not one to daze off. I quickly give him my full attention as I wait for him to say what he needed to say.

"Yeah what's up?" He looks wary at first and I can't help but wonder what could possibly be wrong.

Wait..

Is something wrong with the pack!? With Kai??

Instinctively I whip my body upwards so I'm standing and lean over the desk with a mind racing about every little thing that could go wrong.

"Andrew, what happened!?"

He seems taken back at my sudden change in voice which only confused me more. What the f*ck does he want then??

"Uhhh sorry no umm..."

What the hell?

When has my beta and robot of a human being ever acted like this?

Now that I look a little closer I notice a slight blush on his cheeks that wasn't there before. With the knowledge that something horrible isn't happening I relax myself back onto my chair and look up at him with a blank expression.

"I uhhh I have a question."

"Ok? And what is it?" He is acting really strange right now.

"Uhhh you know what never mind I'll figure it out myself haha." Before he can leave I stand back up and make my way to the door, just beating him by a second as I close it and give him my full attention.

"I'm assuming this is about your mate if you are acting this way in front of me. What's going on?" He seems reluctant to say anything and I almost feel bad with how red his face is.

"I just.. I've never... we almost... uhhhh."

Realization settles in me as I feel myself smirking quite obviously at the new found information.

"Ahhhh I see now. You and Jay almost had sex?"

I watch as his face turns a new shade of red I've only ever seen on Kai as I lean back against the wall next to the door.

"Not exactly, I mean yeah we were close to it but I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable so I stopped it before anything can happen but... I can't help but want to do more with him. I just-I don't know how? I want him to feel comfortable when we uhhhh..." he looks at me reluctantly again but he knows I'll give him my honest answer so he continues.

"When we finally do it I don't want to hurt him. He's small and I'm anything but average myself ." He points up and down at his body referring to how big he is. "I don't know what to do." He seems genuinely upset at this and all I can do is laugh a little.

"Have you not seen Kai and I? The guy is literally a third of my size. I mean yeah I did some f*cked up sh*t to him but he doesn't complain about the pain... well not anymore."

Ok maybe I made this worse...

"You know what, go ask Kai. He would know best what the feeling is like, I have no clue I just go in and take it from there."

I shrug my shoulders before going back to my desk and working on the files I have to finish. I hear Andrew sigh before leaving the office and heading towards the kitchen where I'm sure Kai is at.

Only a few minutes go by before I realize something.

I'm not actually hurting Kai when we do it anymore right? Even though the last time we did it was a while ago, he doesn't complain at all and he seems to enjoy it. When we first started having sex I definitely remember hurting him a few times.

What if I am actually hurting him and he doesn't say anything. I mean I'm not being too forceful anymore but I still feel a little off not knowing if he truly isn't in pain anymore.

I decide to just get back to finishing my work with the final thought of talking to him about it when I can.