Ch.13 ~ Pregnant?

Ok so I don't think I put in the names of Damon's parents, so the fathers name is Jason and the 'mothers' name is Luke. I hope I didn't just confuse everyone...

~~~~~~~~

Damon's POV

"DAMON!! This boy is letting off pheromones, he's in heat! If you mate with him, he will get pregnant." Mother says. I stop what I'm doing, or trying to do, and take a second to look at Kai. Sure enough his face is completely flushed, his arousal is very prominent, and his scent is so addicting, more than usual.

I slowly and hesitantly get up and walk away from Kai. I could clearly smell the slight change in his scent. It went from a neutral and sweet smell, to an overpowering and arousing smell that is difficult to not want a taste of.

I keep walking back till I feel moms hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the look of understanding and pity in his eyes as he looks at Kai.

"Damon, get out of here. If you stay then you are sure to lose control and try to mate him. I'll stay and help him through this, we are both omegas after all." He tells me. I nod my head and go downstairs, where I see my father sitting in the living room. What are my parents doing up anyway? It's like 1 in the morning... wait don't tell me they were—ok not something I want to be thinking about right now. Gross.

"Do you also smell Kai's pheromones from down here?" I ask him as he looks up at me.

"Yes, both of us started to smell him, Luke went to go warn you both about it." He must know this smell because of mom.

"Yeah, well I almost lost control and mated him. Is that what's going to happen for the rest of our lives? Because I don't know how long I will be able to last before I accidentally get him pregnant." I am not really worried about the sex, for obvious reasons, but to get him pregnant this early on? That's kind of scary to think about.

"He will only go into heats regularly until he is mated. Once mated, the heats will subside and the only person it will affect will be you. You will just have to deal with it until the full moon." Well that's easier said than done.

"He can't stay with me then. He will have to go somewhere else." I honestly don't care where he goes, as long as he doesn't ruin the chance of me being alpha next week.

"Or maybe you can leave and he will stay. You go to your place and he will stay with Luke and I. Luke is an omega, he knows how to help him. You on the other hand, just being here, is a risk. So go home." He tells me with finality present in his voice. Well I guess there is no arguing with that.

"Fine, I'll leave." I give him one last look before I just walk out and head home. One week, just one week and I can be alpha.

Kai's POV

Ugh! It's so hot in here. I want relief. Damon's mom walks over to me once we were alone and sits down on the bed.

"Hey Kai, I know what you are going through. I am also an omega and I went through the same thing. You are in heat right now. When you go into heat, your body produces these pheromones. Now this is only triggered when you have found your mate, once your wolf senses your mate, they will do everything in their power to complete the process of mating. Since Damon is a soon to be alpha, he has to mate you on the full moon to complete the ritual. This allows the current alpha to hand down the position." He explains the whole situation to me.

"Because you can't mate for another week, these pheromones are going to be affecting you and Damon greatly. I'm sorry but you both are going to have to stay away from each other for a little bit. My husband made it so Damon is staying at his place and you will stay with us, so I can help you through this." Wait, Damon left? Why is there even a ritual that makes it so you can only complete the mating on the full moon when it's with an alpha?

"Do you have any question?" He finally asks me. I look at him and I can see that he knows what I'm going through. He started massaging my arm half way through his explanation, which calmed me down quite a bit. I shook my head and he nodded in understanding.

"Alright, then just go to sleep. It's already past 1 in the morning." He gets up which allows me to pull the blanket over myself before he puts a gentle kiss to my forehead. This made me choke up a little bit, thinking about how my mother used to do this, I miss her so much. He walks out with a quiet 'goodnight' and I'm left alone in a room filled with Damon's scent.

I pull the blanket further up to my face and melt into the amazing smell. I slowly drift off, thinking about what is going to happen in a week when Damon and I are supposed to mate. The last thought on my mind before I was met with darkness made me a little sad.

Does he even care about me or is he just using me to get the title as alpha? Was that kiss only because he was driven by desire, or was there a deeper meaning?