Ch.37 ~ What Happened!?

Warning! Gory content below! Also this is gonna be a bit of a weird chapter.. I promise it'll make sense in the next chapter!

Damon's POV

DAMN IT!

No matter how long we run, it's as if they just up and disappeared into thin air!

We have been running for well over an hour and still haven't gotten anywhere. The smell is well faded by now and it's started to get hard to distinguish where they took Kai.

"Alright! We are going to split into groups and try different parts of the forest! When you get even the slightest hint on where your Luna may be, immediately report to me!" My pack warriors all nod their heads in understanding with determination present amongst everyone.

It's not just me, everyone adores Kai and would risk their lives to save their Luna. I have been blessed with amazing pack members and I'm slowly starting to realize that.

I have a few warriors stay with me while many of them go off to separate regions of the forest in a hurry. I try to keep track of Kai's scent to the best of my ability as we make our way in that direction.

After another 15 or so minutes I get a mind link from one of my warriors.

"Alpha! We found a trap door with what looks to be stairs leading to something! We can smell the Luna strongly here, we are on the west side of where you are right now!"

I immediately perk up and rush over to where they are. We reach them in no time and I get a look at the door. It's just a long and rectangular metal trap door hidden behind some bushes. It was opened and under ground is a set of concrete stairs that leads to goddess know where.

As I approach the trap door, I notice something strange.

It's quiet.

Too quiet.

There is no doubt that Kai's scent is strong coming from this hidden spot but there's something off about this whole thing.

Something just doesn't sit well with me right now. I can't pinpoint it.

"Alright, you six come with me, the rest stay outside and keep guard in case something happens." I order and the seven of us start our trek down the hidden stairs.

We go on for a few minutes down this long and cramped stair case before we enter some kind of hallway. The hallway is long and everything is made of metal and concrete.

I start quietly down the hallway as I make my way towards Kai's scent, it gets stronger and stronger until we reach the end of the hall where there is one door secluded from the rest.

It's a steel door with a large round shaped handle on it. I perk up my ears to try and listen inside but I don't hear anything.

It's unsettling.

There isn't a single sound coming from inside but by how strong Kai's scent is, he has to be in here.

I turn my head to nod at the six of my warriors before I take a deep breath. I slam the door open and take a step inside but what I'm met with shocks me numb.

Dead bodies cover the floors, blood is splattered everywhere. The room is just a box with nothing but a little lamp hanging from the ceiling and a table full of metal weapons.

My group and I head further in the room to see the entirety of it when a voice breaks my train of thought.

"D-Damon?"

I whip my head around as fast as I can when Kai's sweet voice echoed through my ears. But when I face him my heart stops and my breathing becomes ragged.

Blood

Everywhere

Kai is curled up in the corner with two bodies laying limp in front of him. I notice the two bodies to be his old alpha and.... his father?

What the hell happened? How are they dead?

Kai has blood splattered all over his shaking figure and I can't help myself as I sprint over to him.

I instantly go and wrap my arms around his body as I assess him for any injuries.

I notice a small cut at the side of his belly but it's tiny and barely even the length of my thumb, it's also not even as deep as a paper cut.

Kai keeps quiet and has a blank look on his face, void of any emotion at all. It shocks me since Kai is usually so easy to read with his million different facial expressions.

"Kai, w-what happened?" I try to keep my voice steady but I can't help the trickle of fear from how emotionless and silent he is.

"They...." he looks at the two bodies laying on the floor in front of us with a blank stare before slowly meeting my eyes once again.

"They tried killing my baby." He says softly before he looks down at his belly and wraps his arms around it in a protective manner.

"W-What?" I can't even think straight with how strange he is acting and the fact that Kai is covered in blood that clearly isn't all his along with his old alpha and father laying dead in front of him. I'm trying to plug pieces of this confusing puzzle into place but I just can't wrap my head around it.

"You didn't answer my question Kai. What. Happened?" I ask again but slower and with more authority.

He lets go of his stomach and meets my eyes once again but this time there are tears falling swiftly down his cheeks.

"Th-they tried to ki-kill the baby. M-My mind st-start-started going numb, I did-didn't even realize it unt-until it was too late." He chokes up as he wraps his arms around himself in a self soothing manner. I still wasn't sure what he was getting at but his next statement made it clear.

"I killed them."

I sit back shocked at the fact that my innocent and weak mate just admitted to killing two people, and not just any people, an alpha and a beta who is also his own father.

How did he even manage to do that? He can't even kill a fly with his puny arms!

I am about to speak again but Kai cuts me off. He clearly has more to say about the matter.

"They had a bunch of different tools. They wanted to cut the baby out and kill him before killing me. When I felt the knife graze my stomach my mind and body went numb. All I could think about was protecting the baby. My mind went blank and when I finally realized what was happening... I had already killed them."

~~~~~~~~

Guys I'm supposed to be doing a zoom meeting with my class but I've been so tired of the amount of work given to me that ima take the L on that one haha.

I mean seriously, anyone else have an excessive amount of work they got to do since schools are shut down?? Like the teachers need to chilllllll

Also, how is everyone doing? Staying safe inside?

I really hope everyone is taking care and not getting themselves sick! I know it's annoying having to stay inside for so long and not be able to do anything, but please make sure you are making good choices and keeping yourself AND the people around you safe!

Anyway, I'll try posting a chapter to my other book soon so look forward to that if you read that book as well! See ya in the next chapter!