Ch.32 ~ Safe House

WARNING!! There will be violence and gory stuff in this chapter!! You have been warned in advance!

Damon's POV

"My father."

Huh? His father? Are you kidding me? Now I know why the scent was so familiar to Andrew and I, we know this scent. We know this person.

I yank Kai in a bear hug to help his trembling form to calm down. He looks petrified and now I know the reason why.

At the time I took Kai away from his family because I wanted to give this mate thing a try, I never expected anything else. Later on I found out that his old pack had been abusing him not only mentally but physically as well. I found out that his father, his own bloodline, his flesh and blood, was the main cause for his abuse. I was livid, I wanted to hunt him down and let my wolf take over, let him do as he pleased with the scum. Kai wouldn't let me though..

I fee Kai clutch my shirt as if it was the last thing he would ever hold and it broke my heart. I cupped his face and pecked his lips before trying to calm him down with my voice.

"Shh, don't cry. Think about the baby, it's not good for the baby. And don't even think that I will let that piece of sh*t of a father lay a hair on you."

He slightly loosens up as his eyes soften from their clenched forms. I kiss each cheek before I move to kiss his forehead and then finally his lips. I feel him relatively calm down but it didn't last long when Andrew comes in and ruins everything.

"Sir, I sense a presence out in the woods." Andrew's voice is soft but holds so much rage from the whole situation that my wolf can't help but getting fired up to destroy whatever lurks out in the woods. Kai however, stiffens and starts shaking uncontrollably as he most likely has a million of the worst case scenarios running through his mind. All this stress is really not good for the baby and Kai.

I decide to yank his arm and pull him a little ways away from everyone so I can try and ease his worries.

Grabbing his face, I pull him close with only a few centimeters between us. "Kai, listen to me baby, I know you are scared and I know that so many horrible things happened to you but I need you to take a deep breath for me and try to ease your mind. This isn't healthy for your or the baby right now ok? You are going to be fine, I promise. I won't let anything happen to you. Do you understand me?" I use the softest and most sincere voice that I have only ever used with Kai as I see him visibly loosen his body from how tense it was. He is still trembling slightly though.

"I-I under - I understand." It takes him a moment to be able to say those two words as he struggles to get them out. He looks so lost in thought that it makes me feel enraged on how badly he was treated to get like this.

"Ok, I'm going to see what the issue is, stay here." I turn to see one if my pack warriors and I call him over quickly. "Ralf! Come over here!" Ralf turns around and walks straight to me, holding his well formed posture with respect.

"I want you to stay with Kai and protect him with your life. If a single thing happens to him or my child.." I step closer to Ralf as I look down at him with a menacing aura. "I will personally handle how you will be punished." He nods his head and yells a 'yes sir!' before I turn back to Kai.

I kiss his lips one last time and give him a comforting hug before I let him go and walk over to Andrew. All I need to do is give him one glance before he nods his head and shifts into his large brown wolf. I stay in my human form as I slowly approach the border with Andrew right next to me. My pack warriors are right behind me, some in their wolf forms while others stay as humans.

It's tauntingly slow, each step feeling more and more distant. One foot just centimeters from the border as I look out into the forest. It's still slightly daylight outside but with all the tall trees the sunlight is covered and makes it look almost night time. It also seems that rain isn't too far away considering the drop in temperature and the humidity getting stronger.

For a while it was silent, completely and utterly silent, almost eerie. None of us moved, we just stayed quiet and listened for any possible movement in the distance, there was nothing. Andrew was right however, there was a strangely scent of wolves in the distance. Yes, wolves, not just one wolf.

I look behind me to give another reassuring smile to Kai but he wasn't there. I internally panic as I try to search for him but couldn't see a trace. Next thing I know, Andrew is yelling my name. I turn back to the forest to see a huge dark brown wolf lunging itself straight at me.

I duck my head fast enough for the wolf to fly over me and straight into my warriors who dealt with him how they pleased. That's when suddenly a whole pack, around a hundred wolves, come from behind the trees or out in the distance. They all come running towards us as they bare their teeth and scrape their paws on the dirt.

I quickly shift into my wolf form as a smaller grey wolf tries to snag at my neck. I easily twist my head and snap my jaw into the side of his face, I shake my head extremely fast before I hear a defining snap and the wolf falls limp in my grasp. I throw the wolf aside as I run towards the next oncoming enemy.

~~~~~~~~

Kai's POV

The second Damon left me with Ralf I felt like my whole world was going to collapse, I can't do this. He has come for me, he won't stop til everything I care about is dead, he is going to kill my baby. No, please anything but that.

There is a voice in the distance calling for me but I can't focus on anything as I crouch down and hold my protruding belly with everything I have. There is no way I am letting him get to my child.

I feel a hand place itself onto my shoulder and I jerk away. Ralf looks concerned as he tries to assess me for any injuries. I stay on the floor with my arms protecting my belly as I feel myself trembling. He lifts me up and starts heading toward the pack house.

"It's ok Luna, I will protect you with my life. I'm taking you to the pack house where there is a shelter underneath. No wolf should be able to get to you there." He reassures me with his monotone voice.

I just let him carry me to the pack house where he sets me down and leads me inside. We go down the familiar hallways before we reach an iron door at the back end of the pack house. I have never seen this door before, it looks like a dungeon.

He opens the door and lets me walk first so he can securely lock the door behind us. He then leads me down the stairs to this huge room with full iron walls and ceiling. It almost looks like a mini house with a kitchen that holds what looks like a lifetime of food and a bathroom that looks to have a functioning shower. I look at Ralf as I question what this is.

"This is our safe house. We rarely use this since we are known as one of the most powerful packs but every now and then we have some of us hide in here incase of an emergency."

"What do you mean some of us?" I don't understand what that is supposed to mean.

"Well anyone who isn't a warrior or part of the elites comes here for protection. The Luna always comes here as well so that no harm can come to him or her. All female wolves, kids, and elders come here"

"Where are they all then?" We are the only ones here and I don't see any sign of people trying to get in.

"They should be coming shortly, honestly I expected them to already be here but they must have gotten stuck somewhere and are hiding there. I would go check to see how everything is going but I am here to protect you with my life. There is no way I'm leaving."

I take a deep breath and try to stay as calm as I can. There is a possibility that women and children are getting attacked and Ralf is going to let that happen because he can't leave me? If that's the case, "Then take me with, I'm not going to let the innocents of our pack suffer because of my.... past."