Ch.9 ~ Help

Pic above is how I picture Jay

Ok so for Jay's POV I took it back to before he even met Andrew to kind of give a sense of how he lived before meeting him. By the end it will go back to the present time where they found each other. Also don't worry, a really juicy chapter is coming up next with Damon and Kai so be ready!

~~~~~~~~

Jay's POV

"Hurry kids, get over here now!" My mother screeched at my siblings and I when we were being chased by our pack.

My mother is a very kind person,she is loving, caring, and just has this warmth to her that no one can deny. Both my parents are betas making me one as well. I have four siblings, a 3 year old, an 8 year old, a 10 year old, and a 16 year old. I'm the eldest being 19 years of age. I tend to look younger than what I am, the main cause for that is not because I have a baby face, but because I am very skinny and pretty short for my age making the appearance that I am still a kid.

My parents never really had a lot of money, definitely not enough for a 7 person family, but they tried their best. They weren't expecting to have 5 kids, we were basically all mistakes, but not in a bad sense, more of an 'another one!?' kind of way.

By the the time my mother was pregnant with little Addie, the youngest of 5, my parents became desperate for food. We didn't have enough money as it was and adding more to the family was just weighing on our shoulders. At that time I was about 16 and knew of the struggle my parents were going through to even keep a roof over our heads.

One day, my father started to get too desperate and tried to steal food from the pack house without permission. He ended up getting caught and killed. My mother and all my siblings had to make a run for it.

"Mom! Where are we going!?" I asked when she told us to follow her. I was so confused at that moment and didn't know why we had to run. I realized now that it was because the alpha ordered the pack to bring my family to him. My father must have told them about us and then pissed the alpha off making us the next victims.

"I'm not sure yet honey, but don't worry we will be ok." She tried to sound soothing and reassuring but it wasn't working. My younger siblings were crying so loudly that it was giving mom and I a headache. We ended up leaving the pack and becoming rouges that day.

For the next 3 years, my mother, siblings, and I had been wondering around different parts of the woods trying to stay alive. Mom wasn't the best when it came to hunting so we barely ever ate, I wasn't good myself since I literally had no meat on my bones especially muscle or strength. We had to find somewhere to sleep every night and even have gotten attacked a few times by other rouges. Luckily we have made it through every attack with only minor injuries.

Finally we came across the strongest pack that we know which is The Dark Midnight and mother decided that we should try and become a part of their pack. She was so desperate to give us a better life that she just walked straight into their territory without a second thought.

As we made our was toward what seemed to be the pack house, wolves were surrounding us and growling, thinking we were trouble. One wolf came to us, which I now know has the name of Josh, and asked us what we were trespassing for. Mom told him of our struggle and that's when he told us to follow him.

Walking to the pack house, what I made the assumption is the alpha, came out with a small boy glued to him. Was that his kid? He is so small, even more so than me. When him and some other male started making their way to us I noticed a really intriguing smell coming from the other guy. It was a mix of orange and cinnamon, a weird combination but somehow worked. I saw how he froze, clearly noticing something about me as well.

Some clothes were thrown at us and my whole family and I changed to our human forms before putting the clothes on. The second I was dressed I looked over at the man again and locked eyes with him. My wolf was going crazy and that only meant one thing... mate.

~~~~time jump to present~~~~

Andrew started taking me into the pack house and lead me to a certain room. The rest of my family was being taken care of by the pack so I had some peace of mind to go with him. The second I entered the room I knew that this was his bedroom, his scent was lingering all over the place. I looked at him and felt my cheeks heat up when I noticed he has been staring at me.

His features were very well defined, a chiseled face with a sharp jaw line. He had dirty blond hair that was completely opposite to the dark brown, almost black, mop on my head I call hair. His eyes were brown with golden flakes running through them, they were quite alluring when looking straight into them. My eyes were hazel which looked lame next to his but it's something I can't change. He was a few inches past 6 feet which towered over my 5'5 and he was decently well built with wide shoulders compared to my skinny frame, almost anorexic looking.

"So..." he started after a long moment of silence "tell me about yourself. You are my mate and I want to get to know you." at least he accepts someone like me.

I looked up at him and nodded my head, I then told him of my life and how I became a rouge, I was somehow comfortable telling him about myself. He seemed surprised while listening  but there was this strong sense of anger mixed into his features as well.

"So you are telling me you have been starved almost all your life!?" He seemed upset at the thought and I only nodded my head a little to answer his question.

He gave me this look that told me everything is going to be alright and simply stated "well that's going to change."