Ch.23 ~ Gone

Andrew's POV

He hasn't stopped crying. I can't get him to feel any better.

It has been a few weeks since we have met and everyday he has gone over to visit his mother without fail. I noticed she has been getting worse and worse as the days go on. Just by the looks of it she only has a mere month left to live.

"Ughhh-ahhhh." Jay is crawled up on my lap with his head buried in my shoulder as he cries for what seems to be the past 20 to 30 minutes.

"Shhh. Everything will be fine." I have been lying a lot to him the past few weeks, telling him everything is going to be ok and she will be fine in the end. I hate lying and I know I'm not good at it but I just want to calm my mate down and give him at least a little peace of mind.

"She—sniff— she isn't going to—sniff— to make it, is she?" He sounds so hurt it makes my wolf whine in pain. He looks up from my chest and I melt from the sight of his teary eyes, runny nose, and messy brown locks.

He looks like at any second he's going to break.

"Jay, I'm sure she will be fine. She is an amazingly strong women and she will fight this, I already have the pack doctors doing everything they can to help her." I again lie to him. I'm not lying about the pack doctors, because they are in fact doing every thing they can to help her, but it's all futile. She is going to pass, it's just a matter of time.

"Really?" His eyes light up a bit however I can tell that he knows it's not true. I'm sure he has figured out that she won't make it, he is just in denial at this point. I hate seeing him so upset and broken, it makes me want to just coddle him until he feels better.

I nod my head slowly and give him a small smile before he closes his eyes and rests his head on my chest again. Since we are sitting on my couch, right in front of the TV, I turn on a random movie and let it play in the background. Jay looks to the side and watches the movie, getting interested by the walking toys running around a kids room. He has been living out in the woods for so long I bet he has never even seen the movies I've shown him, but it's fine because it gives me a chance to bond with him by just sitting on the couch watching movies together.

After a good half hour, when I can feel that Jay has calmed down a little, I lift him up from his cradled position on my lap and set him down next to me so I can get up to make us some food. Before I can walk away however, I feel a small hand grab the hem of my black T-shirt, stopping me from going anywhere.

"Don't leave me." He says softly with so much emotion in his voive I couldn't resist.

"I'm making us something to eat, you must be hungry." I reply as he looks down at his lap while his left hand still has an iron grip on my shirt. I sigh lowly before scooping him up and carrying him to the kitchen.

I set him down on the kitchen counter and make us something to eat. I make a simple meal of some grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken nuggets. It's pretty late so I didn't want to make anything too heavy.

I hand him the small amount I gave him, since he doesn't eat a lot, and give myself a heaping plate full as I set my plate right next to where he is sitting. He looks down at me from the countertop and our eyes meet for what feels like hours before I break it and start eating my food.

I feel his tiny hand rest on my cheek before he pulls my face to his and smashes our lips together. It was a quick kiss but I knew he needed it, he needed the confirmation that I was here for him.

We get back to eating and watch the rest of the movie along with two more before we head off the bed.

~~~~time jump - middle of the night~~~~

I hear a soft knock on my door and groggily try to get up before I realize that Jay is laying on top of my chest. I slowly and carefully scoot him over before getting up and answering the door.

It's Landon... this can't be good.

I have been keeping him guard of Jay's mother incase something we're to happen to her. He looks up at me slightly, him being 6 feet to my 6 foot 2, and I can see the sadness swirling in his eyes.

"What happened?" I'm not sure why I asked this, I have a feeling I already know but I needed to be made sure of it so I didn't get the wrong idea. When he answers my question however, I give a heavy sigh at how my assumptions were unfortunately right.

"Sir, Jay's Mother... she's passed away."

~~~~~~~~

Omg!! This book made it to 1k reads!?!?!? I'm honestly so happy!! I'm so glad you guys are reading my book and enjoying it! Thank you so much❤️

And.... I'm sooo sorry about my slow updates but I promise I am working on it. See the thing that really sucks is that I'm still in school... yeah I know, stupid snow days.

But I only have nexts week left and then I'll be on summer vacation!! That means I can update this book way faster and actually have the time to finish it. So please bare with me here😅

Also I have been slowly adding chapter to my second book which is another reason why this is taking me so long. With that being said I hope everyone is enjoying the book!! See ya in the next chapter!