Ch.20 ~ Surprise?

Kai's POV

I won't stop puking...

It has been almost 2 weeks since Damon left. After he told me to leave his house, I found out later that he went to stay at his friends house for a while. I haven't heard from him since.

A few days ago I started getting really sick, I didn't know what was happening to me. I told myself it was because I am so weak that my body is just shutting down from sickness but I knew deep down that it was because of something else.

I have been throwing up since yesterday and it just keeps coming up no matter what I do. Luke has been right next to me through every step of the way and I couldn't be more grateful.

Currently I am bent over the toilet in the bathroom that's connected to Damon's room while releasing my insides AGAIN.

"Uuughhh." I give a final gag before my stomach decides to finally stop clenching.

"It's ok, just breathe." Luke has been trying to calm me down for the past 20 minutes and I can say that it has actually been helping. His soft and calming voice reminds me of how my mother would talk to me and it's soothing.

"What is happening? Why am I so sick? Did I catch a cold from someone?" I ask, hoping this must be the reason for my sudden outburst.

He glances hesitantly to the bathroom door where Jason is standing and looks to be having a silent talk to themselves before Luke's eyes meet mine again.

"Honey, I-I want you to know that a wolf can't possibly get this sick from just a simple cold or flu, our bodies are too strong and would have already fought the illness by now. The only reasonable answer to what is happening is that you are..." he stops for a few seconds, glances down at my stomach, and I already know what his next word is going to be before he even opens his mouth.

"...pregnant." I finish for him in an almost whisper as I look down at my hands that are resting on the seat of the toilet where I have just puked.

I can feel him nod his head before he gets up and walks toward Jason. "I'm going to give you some time to yourself to think things through, call for me if you need anything." Is the last thing he says before he shuts the door and heads downstairs.

Damon and I didn't use protection, I was in heat, we mated on the full moon, wolves don't get sick unless they are pregnant or old. The only legitimate answer is one thing

I'm pregnant...

Damon's POV

Ring ring ring

I roll my eyes as my phone won't stop ringing. I have been staying at Jake's place for about 2 weeks now and I guess the main reason is because I'm scared.

I hurt him and I know that he is mad at me. I feel like my presence is just going to make things worse, so I'm staying away. I feel horrible for what I said to him but what can I do when those three balloons were there listening to everything?

I look at the caller ID and see dads name pop up, he never calls unless it's important. I quickly answer the phone only to be met with mother...

"So when I call you a thousand times you don't answer, but the second you see your fathers name you don't hesitate to pick the damn phone up!?" He screeches into my ear making me wince.

"What do you need mom? I'm busy." That's a lie, I'm currently laying on the couch watching some TV.

"Get your a*s home right now! If you aren't home within the next 10 minutes, so help me goddess you will not see the light of another day. Mark my words boy, I will give you hell!" I shiver in fear. I know that he is pissed, mother rarely swears, or threatens me. He can't do much to actually hurt me but if he gets dad involved... I'm dead.

I rush to get all my stuff ready to head out before Jake walks over and asks where I'm going.

"Family emergency." Is all I tell him before bolting home as fast as my human feet can take me.

When I reach the pack house, I pause for a second before opening the front door only to be met with such a strong smell. I knew instantly that this is Kai's scent, why is it so strong?

I walk to the living room to see my parents talking when they notice me and stop their conversation.

"And where the h*ll have you been?" Mother asks as he glares daggers into my soul.

"Jake's place."

"While you were goofing off like a little kid, did you even stop to think of what your MATE has been going through while you were gone!?" He's beyond pissed, I'm screwed.

"I know I hurt his feelings and all but I just thought that me being near him would make things worse so I just left." I couldn't meet my fathers eyes, he was giving such a murderous glare at me that I just wanted to leave again.

"Stay away from him!? Do you have any idea what you are doing to him by leaving him alone during the most crucial time of his life!?" His last sentence kind of confused me, what does he mean crucial? Yeah we mated and he is going through his heat but it can't be that bad, right?

Right then I noticed a figure emerging from the hallway. I turn my head to see Kai walking with his head low and fingers fidgeting. He looks up to meet my gaze, goddess I missed those eyes. I missed HIM. He takes one more step before he says the one thing I was not expecting to hear right now

"D-Damon, I'm pregnant."

~~~~~~~~

Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in soooo long! I have been super busy with school and work and prom and ugh.

I am trying my best to add chapters as often as I can so please bear with me. Anyway I hope everyone enjoyed this juicy chapter!