Ch.8 ~ Him?

Pic above is how I picture Andrew

Andrew's POV

I patiently waited for Damon to come outside to deal with the rouges in our territory. This happens more than it should but it can't be helped, we are the strongest pack after all. I got a good look at the approaching wolves, my wolf was getting restless for some reason. I turned 20 last month so he probably is whining about the fact that I am still mateless.

Once Damon walks out I notice a small figure glued to his back. How envious I was that he found his mate, now he can truly become alpha. I started to believe that I would never meet my mate and that thought hurt more then I would have liked.

As we got closer to the rouges, an overwhelming scent came wafting toward me. I froze when I realized what this scent means. I looked between the different wolves to try and figure out which one was giving off this smell. As they shifted, what looked like the oldest of them turned and faced me.

Him? He is my mate? Not only was he a rouge but also male!?

Once they were dressed and Damon asked them their reasoning for crossing our border I made my way closer, next to Damon, who is right in front of them. The scent kept getting stronger and stronger as I walked.

"Please, my pups haven't eaten in weeks. I don't care what you do to me, just help them. They are only kids." The woman said to Damon. She sounded so sad and desperate it made me feel bad, they must have been like this for a while.

"Josh, get some food and bring it to them." Alpha Damon said to the other beta next to us. Josh simply nodded his head and went to fetch what was asked of him. The whole time I didn't let the boy, supposedly my mate, out of my sight. He was small, not as short as Kai but definitely skinnier. He looked so malnourished and in pain it made me sick to think of what he has gone through.

He started to walk toward me instinctively following my scent, Damon had a questioning look on his face but I ignored him and just watched as this boy got closer and closer. his mother was also clearly confused and worried but soon realized what was happening. In no time he was standing right in front of me. He was maybe 5'5-5'6 in height compared to my 6'2. I was extremely well built since I am the alphas beta so I need to be strong, but he looks like one push would make him collapse.

His eyes never left mine when he spoke so softly it made my wolf whine "mate?" It was almost more of a question than a statement, as if he didn't know for sure. I nodded my head and answered his question.

"Mate." The second the word fell out of my mouth, he visibly shivered and leaned forward till his head was pressed against my chest. The second he touched me, sparks flew from my chest to the rest of my body. I could smell him so clearly now that he was against me, lavender with a hint of roses, I always loved flowers so this was such a heavenly scent to me.

At this moment I noticed Damon was watching me with a crooked smirk on his lips, he figured it out. Kai was watching silently behind Damon and gave the both of us such a warm smile. His warmth and kindness is perfect for being Luna, I couldn't have agreed more with the moon goddesses decision.

The boy pulled away and I silently missed his touch. "My name is Jake, but people call me Jay." My wolf liked his name and let out a low grumble that made Jay visibly shiver.

"I'm Andrew." I said and watched as he practically melted hearing my voice for the second time.

By this time Josh was here with the food and was giving it to the mother and other 4 pups before approaching Jay. I uncontrollably growled as he got close and Josh just looked at me unfazed, giving me the food instead. I held it out to Jay as he gladly took it to begin eating.

Damon was the next to speak "I will allow you to stay here but if you do so much as try anything to harm one of my wolves, I will personally deal with all of you." His voice got threateningly low at the last part and caused the mother and 4 pups to tremble. Jay seemed to not be fazed by his voice as he snuggled further into my chest after eating.

I looked over at Damon and mind linked him 'will you please allow me to bring him with me to my room?' I asked him, I know that they are still rouges and we don't know anything about them but he is my mate and I want to be able to get to know him.

'Do whatever you want but if he does anything I don't approve of, I won't hesitate...' he tells me. He didn't have to finish his sentence because I knew what he meant. He is going to make an amazing alpha, he already knows how to protect his pack and do all the necessary tasks. All that is left is for him to mate on the full moon and get the title passed down to him. I nodded my head and started to lead Jay to my room.

Now the only thing left to do is figure out exactly who my mate is.

~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I really feel like Andrew and Jay's relationship is going to be an interesting one, kinda like a roller coaster.