Ch.35 ~ Gone

Kai's POV

I walk back and forth as I hear the clock ticking away. Josh has no intent of letting me anywhere near the door so I'm stuck in the living room with the one half of of the pack watching me intently.

No one has said a word and no one plans to. They can tell I'm stressed, they just don't know what to do about it.

I know it's not good to be this stressed when I'm pregnant but I can't help it, what is going on out there? Is Damon ok? What is my father saying? Did they start attacking again?

I can't think straight anymore. My breathing is labored as if I just ran three miles and my body is trembling. I need to make sure no one is getting attacked out there. I need to make sure Damon is safe.

I stop my constant back and forth walk as I turn to look at an emotionless Josh. I head toward him as I try to knock some sense into him.

"Please Josh, I cant stay here with my father and mate out there. I wouldn't be able to handle it if my father kills anyone else. I need to make sure they are safe. Please!" All Josh does is give me a soft smile as he shakes his head as his answer.

"I can't stay here Josh! This is my fight and I'm the one he wants!" I hate how desperate my voice sounds but I can't sit here anymore with my father out there.

He drops his head as he lets out an exasperated sigh. "I'm sorry Luna, Damon is right. No way should a pregnant Luna be outside during an attack. I'm not letting you leave, no matter what." He meets my eyes and I see that no matter what I say, I can't get passed him.

Damn it.

"Then please, at least let me know they are safe! I can't mind link any of them! Damon cut the link off!" I feel my body shake with concern and fear as I start thinking of every possible bad scenario.

"They are fine Luna, no one else has been killed so there is nothing to worry about. Just sit down and rest a bit, this can't be good for the baby." He gently rests his hands on my shoulders and leads me to the empty spot on the couch.

I sit down, much to my distaste, as I look to my right. The little boy from earlier is sitting up with red, puffy eyes and messy hair. He must have noticed me looking at him as he looks up to meet my eyes. He gives me a small smile that doesn't reach his eyes as I reach out to hold him. He snuggles into my side as his mother gives me a grateful look.

Everyone is right, I just need to calm down. I can't keep putting my baby in stress, I need to stay as calm as possible.

I rest my head on top of the little boy and hear his breathing even out as he falls asleep from exhaustion. I too start to close my eyes as I try to rest my body as much as possible.

Please goddess.

Please keep everyone safe.

Please.

Damon's POV

"Well, what do we have here? A grown man whining about how he got his son taken away from him? Or should he even be called your son? To me he looked to be more like a punching bag for your convenience. You don't deserve him as your son." I growl as I look straight in front of me at the very man that abused my mate.

He is standing a good 20 feet in front of me with wolves on either side of him. He grew out his facial hair and now he has what looks like dirt patches littering his plain features. His eyes hold dark bags as if he hasn't slept in days and his clothes look like he hasn't showered in that amount of time either.

"Hmmm, well I can't really deny that. You took my son away from me and now I have nothing to distract me. I want him back and so does the rest of the pack ." His voice is gravely and deep, has he reverted to smoking or something?

Thank the goddess I took Kai away from this man, I can't even imagine how long he would've lasted with this abusive fucker.

"Let me get straight to the point, your little attack isn't going to get you anywhere. I'm not letting a psychotic bastard of a father go anywhere near Kai. So why don't you retreat and go back to the dumpster that you came from before I walk over there and decapitate your head myself. Hmm?" I threaten as I take a small step forward, my dominance oozing out as I watch some of the wolves surrounding him flinch.

"Now now, there's no reason I should retreat. My plan is actually going quite smoothly you see." He smirks as I feel uneasiness settle at his words.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I take another threatening step closer and he starts laughing at how my face changed into one of worry.

"Just wait a few more minutes and you'll see." With that he turns around and heads back into the woods. I take three more steps forward but stop when I'm pulled back by my arm. I look back and see Andrew holding onto me.

"What? I'm going to go kill that bastard while he is facing the other way." I growl but instantly stop when I feel a sharp pain stab at my chest.

I bend over as the pain starts spreading throughout my body.

No.

This isn't happening right now.

I hear Josh push through the mind link that I blocked off as he screams "ALPHA!" before he is cut off by something.

"Alpha, we need to go to Kai. Now." I don't even listen to him as I'm already sprinting full speed to the pack house. It only takes me a minute till I reach the pack house. When I break open the door, my heart shatters.

Kai is no where to be seen, neither is Josh. There are blood stains on the walls and more than half of the pack members that were here are laying on the floor, unmoving.

"WHAT HAPPENED!? WHERE IS HE!?" I growl as the few conscience wolves face me with tears falling down their faces.

A woman that I recognize as Laura is the only one to stand up with a small boy hugging her waist.

"I-It's the Luna, we all tried everything we could but t-they took him. Josh went after them but there were so many. One of them was an alpha too."

My eyes widen as I bolt outside from the back door. So that bastard had his alpha help him? He came in from the back while Kai's father went from the front and distracted me.

FUCK!

I sniff around in hopes to track Kai's scent. Fortunately there is the slightest trace of his scent in the opposite direction of the pack house. I let out a growl as I call every able wolf to my side.

A short moment later and the second half of the pack arrive at the pack house, Ralf leading them. I look around for the pack doc as I order him to aid the injured. I leave Ralf and a few more of my men to stay with the pack in case the sick bastard decides to attack while I'm gone.

My men shift into their wolves as they wait for my signal to rescue their Luna. I take another deep inhale through my nose as I pinpoint the direction Kai is in. I quickly shift into my large, black wolf as I charge towards Kai. My pack warriors and able men follow me as we ready ourselves for whatever is ahead.

Don't worry Kai, I'm coming.

~~~~A/N~~~~

I just wanted to be honest real quick with everyone. I have no freaking clue where this story is going haha....

I'm just kind of going with the flow and I don't even know if it's good anymore. I had a plan for this book but I've taken a different route and now I don't know if it was the right choice.

What do you guys think?

Is this book any good anymore?

Should I continue with the plot I have going right now or should I try to steer it in a different path?

Any suggestions on how I should finish off the story or just ideas for the book in general?

Any help is accepted and taken into consideration, so please feel free to be as honest as you want. I'm not so sensitive to be heart broken by a comment so don't worry, an opinion is an opinion and I would love to read them all.

Well, with that being said..
See ya next chapter ~WolfMate