Ch.34 ~ Stay Here

Damon's POV

"There's another one coming to your right." I hear Andrew yell as I turn my head to the side just in time to see a dark brown wolf running at me full speed. I easily clamp my jaw around it's neck and twist my head to the side as I break it's neck and the wolf drops dead before me.

This has been going on for around 20 minutes and my wolf is restless. Is Kai safe? I keep thinking of the worst possible scenario that can happen to Kai and I can't focus on anything. I need to get to him as soon as possible and make sure that he and my unborn child are safe under my protection.

I decide that I couldn't wait anymore as I mind link Andrew to take care of the pack. I have complete faith that Andrew can handle the rest from here, besides, we had already taken out a huge portion so there wasn't too many more wolves to fight off.

He agrees with a simple 'yes sir' as I bolt towards the pack house. As I make my way to the front door I see that Kai is standing right at the entrance with a panicked looking Ralf trying to stop him.

"What's going on?" Kai instantly turns to me as I approach him and engulf him in a tight hug. I hear him sigh in relief as he relaxes against my touch.

"Alpha Damon, Kai wants to go out and meet his father. I told him it wasn't a good idea but he refused to listen. He thinks it's the right thing to do in order to stop all of this." Ralf looks panicky as he tries to explain the situation.

I pull Kai back and look at him straight in the eyes but he averts eye contact as he looks down. "What the hell do you mean? You're not going out there with a war happening! You're pregnant for fuck sake!!" I yell as he shakes his head in disapproval.

"No, I'm not letting this pack be killed off because of my past! We already lost two of our own and only the goddess knows how many more we lost out on the battle field!" He was right, we had already lost about 4 out on the battle field before I left which means we lost 6 in total so far. It might not seem like a lot, but to us wolves, this is devastating. Every member in the pack is family, so it's like losing 6 family members all in one day, it's heartbreaking.

His voice breaks and I watch as tears start to fall from his beautiful green eyes. "If it's me that my father wants, them I'll go to him. If me being taken away means that everyone else is safe, I'll do it."

No, no way in hell am I letting this happen. "You are carrying our baby! What the hell are you thinking!? Your father would kill you and the child if you went to him!" I watch as he flinches back and chokes on his sobs.

"I-I just don't w-want anyone else to g-get hurt b-because of m-me." What is he thinking? This pack would risk their life for their Luna yet he is trying to do the same. He really is a great Luna, he would protect his pack even if it meant his own life. But I'm not going to let anything happen to him, he is my mate and I would risk anything to keep him safe.

I bend down and pick him up bridal style as I walk us inside the pack house. He tries to break free but I give him a warning glare and he stops reluctantly.

I set him down on the couch as everyone else steps aside to give us some space.

"I don't know what's going on in that head of yours but there is no way I'm letting you leave this house until the war is long over. I'm not risking you or our unborn child's life no matter what." I give him a stern look as he just glances down in defeat.

"At least let me go rescue the other half of the pack. We only have one half safely here but the others are at the pack doctors, hiding." Are you serious...? Does he not understand that I'm not letting him leave?

I turn over to Ralf as he watches and waits for instruction. "Since I'm here, I don't need you to protect him right now. Why don't you go and take some of the men and find the other pack members?" He nods his head before taking some of the men in the room and heading out.

"Don't worry, they will be just fine. We have a strong pack and I'm sure everyone is safe. Are you ok?" He nods his head, tears still spilling from his eyes as he fakes a smile up at me. "Please stop crying, it's not good for the baby and I also hate seeing you cry so sadly." I reach out and rub his cheek as I wipe away his tears.

"I'm sorry." Why is he apologizing? It's not his fault. Ugh! Goddess why did you have to make such an angel in this horrid world?

I sit next to him and wrap my arm around his shoulder as I pull him into my side. He rests his head against my shoulder before burrowing his face into my neck. He sighs and closes his eyes as he breathes in my scent.

We stay like this for a little while before I get a mind link from Andrew.

'Alpha. The war out here has stopped. The man from that meeting so long ago is here and he wants to talk.'

I let out a growl as the thought of ripping him to shreds fills my thoughts. 'I'll be there shortly' I hear a quick 'yessir' before I move myself away from Kai. He is definitely not coming with so I have to find someone from the pack warriors to stay and protect him. I mind link Josh to come to the pack house as quickly as possible.

"What's going on?" I look down to see that Kai is standing up right next to me with determination written across his features.

"I'm going out to talk with your father. I called Josh to come and stay with you so don't even think that you're coming with." He lets out a gasp of surprise before he's instantly on my ass about coming with me.

"There is no way I'm staying here when my father is out there and threatening the people I care about! I'm the one he wants so it's better for me to go!" I shake my head and just as I'm about to say 'no' the door opens and Josh is by my side in the matter of seconds.

"Stay here and do NOT let him leave. Protect him with your life, if he has so much as a paper cut I will torture you myself." I threaten as Josh just nods his head with a 'yes sir!' I turn towards the door and make my way out.

"Damon! Don't keep me here! This is my fight!" Is the last thing I hear before I close the door behind me and make my way towards the soon to be dead man.

~~~~~~~~

This is honestly just a crappy chapter but I really wanted to get an update in before finals. I will hopefully be able to update more chapters during winter break so look forward to some spamming of chapters soon.

Anyway, see ya in the next chapter!