Ch.29 ~ Final Goodbye

WolfMate here!

I am happy to announce that my friend is doing better!!! I have literally been crying for weeks bc I didn't know if she was going to be ok or not. She is still in the hospital so my updates are going to be somewhat sporadic, but I just wanted to post this chapter in celebration of her slow(yet positive)recovery!

Anyway here is a long awaited chapter...

Kai's POV

Ouch

I wince as I try to sit up but only manage to lift my upper body with my arms. My face turns a deep shade of red when I recall the activities that occurred last night with Damon and I.

I look to my left to see that Damon is still sound asleep with his arm stretched out under my body. I blush even harder when I notice that we are both still naked.

"Oh goddess." I whisper to myself. That apparently was enough to wake up the alpha as Damon stirs awake and glances up at me. Does he have really sensitive ears or something?

"Hey." His voice sounds so husky and deep that I feel myself wanting a relapse of last night. No! You can't! Don't think like that Kai!

"M-Morning." I reply with a soft voice, trying to hide my blush.

I feel his hand move to my stomach, rubbing the bump as he lets a soft smile paint his face. I love when he's gentle like this, it helps me forget that he was once so rude and hateful.

"Want some breakfast?" He asks after a couple minutes of silence. I'm really hungry but I honestly don't think I can get up right now.

Damon notices my hesitation and slowly realizes the situation I'm having. He smirks to himself and leans in to my ear.

"Sorry bout that babe, couldn't control myself." He pulls away and gets up before pulling on some boxers and a pair of loose jeans. Wait a second... did he just call me babe!?

I can't stop the small smile that appears on my face as I love the way that sounded coming from his mouth. Damon turns around and heads toward my side of the bed. I'm confused for a second before he pulls the sheets off my body, revealing my fully naked self, and grabs me.

He lifts me up bridal style as he walks over to the bathroom. I hold onto his shoulders tightly when he leans over and turns the dial for the bathtub.

He waits till the tub is full of warm water before gently setting me down, letting me soak in the warmth. He is about to walk away but I grab onto his hand and give him my best puppy eyes.

"Join me?" He looks hesitant at first before he strips naked again and joins me in the tub. We relax in each others embrace as we bathe each other. He tried to feel me up a few times but I swatted his hand away since my bottom is really sore.

After we finish we get dressed and head downstairs to make breakfast. Damon insisted I wear just his shirt so I have nothing on under. His shirt is big enough on me to cover my privates, so I let it slide.

The second we reach the last step of the stairs, we both stop to see Damon's parents waiting in the living room. Damon just stares at them for a few seconds before he walks over to where they are standing.

"What's going on? You guys said you wanted to leave and now you're here?" He asks, I remember them telling Damon that they were leaving but didn't give a reason.

Luke glances at me and gives me a sad smile before turning to his husband and then at Damon.

"Honey, we have been trying to not burden you with this fact but we need to leave and I think you need to understand why." Luke sounds so hesitant and worried but I feel like he knows that he needs to say what he is about to.

Jason steps in and finishes the statement for Luke. "Son we have to leave by the next full moon. And I know that you think this is sudden and weird but there is a reason to this." His voice sounds tired and low but I try to ignore that as I glance at Damon only to see him staring at his parents with a blank face.

"Just tell me already. Is there a threat or something? What's going on?" Damon seems on edge and I can tell that he is worried.

"Well..." Luke starts, "Since you have become the new alpha, your father and I can't stay here any longer. Now I know that sounds strange so let me explain."

Damon just nods his head and lets Luke finish talking.

"There is an ancient rule to Alphas in a pack and since you have become the new alpha, Jason can't stay here any longer. The thing is that if there are two leading alphas in a pack, they will start to grow aggressive, they will try to show who is more dominant. You and your father will get to the point that you will have the need to kill each other to show dominance." I widen my eyes as Luke explains the reason for their sudden need to leave.

Damon seems to be just as confused as he gives his father a wary look. "But I feel fine?" His statement feels more like a question as he continues to stare at his father.

"That's because you just became alpha not too long ago. I'd say it would be another week or so that you two will start to turn against each other, but when the full moon hits, there is no stopping you two from attacking each other since your wolves will be at their strongest. We need to leave as soon as possible so there won't be any casualties."

Damon slowly nods his head again, taking in everything Luke is saying. He glances down at me for a second and I can see the concern and sadness swirling in his aqua orbs. He turns back to his father with one more question.

"So your not just leaving town like you said, you're completely leaving the pack altogether?" His voice sounds hurt so I reach up and grab onto his forearm, rubbing gently to calm him. I might not be an alpha but I know it's hard when a wolf leaves the pack, it's like one less member to the family.

Jason looks down with guilt before looking at Damon straight in the eyes. "I'm sorry I kept this from you. I was supposed to tell you when you were new to learning about being alpha, I just- I just didn't want you to think I was leaving you behind. I love you son, I want you to know that. It may seem pretty stupid and unbelievable... but my father and I- we.." His voice becomes low and choked as he must have recalled a time where he and his father went through hard times due to this. He walks to Damon before pulling him into a bear hug. Damon doesn't move for a few seconds but finally registers what is happening and hugs back.

"I'm sorry I'm telling you this so late, I hope your not upset. Your mother and I are leaving tomorrow morning so we thought actually telling you would be best since you'll feel the break of our bond to the pack. Now it will hurt a little bit but only for a few seconds. I'm sorry son, please understand." His father continues.

Now that I think about it, I have heard of the pain the alpha feels when a member of the pack leaves, this is going to be tough on Damon. Damon looks fine and completely unaffected on the outside but I can tell that he is hurt and conflicted within.

Jason releases his son and steps back toward Luke. Luke then steps up and hugs Damon briefly before returning to his earlier spot.

They both give us one last look before saying their final goodbyes, it all happened so fast. Luke said he would visit and see how I was doing with the baby but I know I won't see them that often and it was upsetting, Luke helped me so much. I stop thinking about that as I look at Damon who has a blank expression plastered to his face.

Will he be ok?