Ch.10 ~ Change

Heyyy, so I'm actually quite ahead with this book and have a lot of chapters to publish so I'm doing a double update today and maybe even as soon as tomorrow! I'm on spring break right now so I've just been going crazy lol. I hope you guys like the next few chapters! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Kai's POV

I haven't seen this part of Damon yet. I just met him but to me he seemed to be a little more on the cold side, yet he was very professional when it came to the wolves that entered the pack. I noticed that one of the boys were glued to Andrew, they must be mates, I gave them a small smile, happy that they found each other.

Damon suddenly ordered Josh to get the wolves settled in and then quickly turned toward me. He leaned down to my level and whispered into my ear "follow me." My whole body received the chills and I could only nod my head.

We walked to his room and entered the bathroom to possibly take the shower we missed earlier. He started to take off his shirt and I looked away with rosy cheeks. He was so built! His body is literally perfect! It's so unfair!

I hesitated to take my clothes off next to him, he has already seen my scars but now I'm feeling more self conscience of my non existent six pack and bulging biceps...

While he had a full set of define abs and arm muscles, I was weak and scrawny looking. I seriously hate my body so much. Out of no where he grabs my wrist, which were resting on the hem of my shirt, and he spins me around til I'm face to face with him.

"Why are you not getting undressed? I have already seen the one thing you didn't want me to, so hurry up." He said with a little bit of an attitude, that didn't sit well with me.

"Why do you have to be so rude all the time? I have only just met you and all you have done is make me feel horrible!" I started getting more upset as I talked. The me, who was kind hearted, like my mother always said to be, was slowly starting to fade away as I became more and more defensive over myself. He looked surprised at my sudden outburst and then slowly became angry himself.

"Well maybe if you actually did what I ask of you and not just stare at the wall like a f*king idiot then I wouldn't be getting pissed all the time!" He yelled at me, I don't understand how but I started to have this fight in me to stand up to him.

"This is what I'm talking about! Why are you yelling at me when all I did was ask a simple question, just trying to fix that attitude of yours!?" I yelled back, but my yell was like a whisper compared to his deep and powerful voice.

He started tightening his hold on my arm and it began to hurt with how strong his grip was getting. "Don't you dare yell at me! I am the future alpha, everything I say goes!" He growled with his face really close to mine.

I look up at him astonished at what he had just said. "So you think that a title given to you defines how you treat others?" I started tearing up thinking of how I was treated by others just because I was an 'omega'. I truly didn't understand the concept that when given a title or status, you are allowed to act a certain way. It's just ridiculous and wrong.

He noticed how my mood changed drastically and watched me closely as I began to break down. "Do you have any idea how horrible that is? So because I'm an omega I'm allowed to be treated like crap and never do anything about it? Am I supposed to just get hurt over and over again because of my TITLE!?" I started to get louder by the end, returning the angry feelings I had earlier.

Damon looked genuinely hurt as I kept talking and looked as if he felt bad that he said what he did. He looked down and muttered, "you can take a shower first, I'll be outside." He sounded so sad and regretful that all I could do was nod and watch as he walked out. This is another new side to him that I haven't seen.

Once he left I tried to regain my thoughts and think things through. I knew he didn't mean what he said and I certainly knew he had no intention of offending me, but the fact that he is acting like everyone else is what gets to me. He is just like my father, just like my bullies.

All of a sudden a wave of confidence came over me and I was determined to change that selfishness about him. He is my mate and I am not going to let him treat me how I was in the past, not anymore. I will help to show him the world how I see it, kind and forgiving.

Damon's POV

I felt a little bad. I saw first hand his marks and bruises yet I had to go and make him cry with my sh*tty attitude. Ugh this is so difficult! I let my wolf out to blow some steam for a few hours since he was on edge, we ran through the woods for what felt like the whole night before I decided it was time to head back. It was already pitch black outside and maybe around midnight when I started heading for my room.

When I opened the door I expected Kai to be sleeping but instead found him sitting on the bed just looking off into no where, he looked so deep in thought.

He heard me enter and snapped out of his little daze before glancing at me. His next words just made me feel even worse about how I treated him earlier.

"I waited for you."