Ch.6 ~ Who did this?

Kai's POV

I am sitting on Damon's bed with his scent just oozing out of the whole room. My wolf is going crazy with the overwhelming smell, wanting to mate with Damon. Damon is just standing by the edge of the bed staring at me while I press myself as far away from him as possible. I am genuinely terrified of what he might do to me. What if he doesn't like me just like everyone else? Does he want to beat me up as well? Will he reject me? I hide my face in my knees with tears begging to break free just thinking of all the negative possibilities.

All of a sudden he starts to speak "I'm not going to do anything so you could calm down a little. I only took you here because you are my mate and I want to try to accept you. I'm not gay so this will be difficult, but I know that rejecting you is just going to hurt not only you but me so I want to actually try to work this out somehow." He really won't hurt me? He doesn't want to reject me?

I slowly begin to look up at him and meet his eyes almost squirming under his sharp gaze. "Y-You promise?" I ask, unsure if he is lying to me or not.

He hesitates for a few seconds, just observing me, before finally answering "I promise." I began to relax a bit more knowing I have at least a little peace of mind about not being rejected or maybe even beaten up.

Once he sees that I have calmed down dramatically, he starts heading towards a door inside the room. As he opens it I notice it is the restroom. He enters and leaves the door open just a crack, if I were to stand up and walk a little closer, I would be able to see him. I just stay where I am though and listen as he turns on the shower.

He comes out suddenly and walks toward me. I freeze as he reaches the bed. "Come here, you need a shower. It looks like you haven't had a decent one in days." That's when I remember that my whole body was covered in bruises. Because I am wearing an oversized sweatshirt and some jeans that are way too worn out, he hasn't seen the marks that litter my body.

"I can do it myself." I say, getting nervous of what he might do when he sees me naked.

"I could care less whether you can do it yourself or not" The hint of anger and annoyance starts to come through as he speaks. "I also need to shower so we might as well go together. If you are freaking out about me seeing you naked, then don't be. You are my mate, I'll see it sooner or later."

My face began to heat up with his words. Does he plan on mating with me soon? I shake my head at the thought and tried to focus on the real reason for not wanting him to see my body "it's not that, I just don't want you to see.... something, please."

He looks at me, clearly pissed off, and starts climbing the bed. Uh oh, I made him even more mad. He crawls toward me and grabs my wrist. I'm jerked toward him til I am kneeling right in front of Damon, head almost touching his chest. I look down to avoid eye contact.

He grabs my chin harshly and forces me to look up at him. I notice right away his eyes are flickering from his normal blue color to golden tints. "Don't disobey me." He growls at me.

How rude! I don't know what came over me, I have never once fought back, whether it be at school or from my father, but for some odd reason I felt like I HAD to say something back. Like he needed to know that his attitude was uncalled for. "I said that I don't want to." I nearly whimper, at least I said what I wanted to.

He becomes furious and yanks me off the bed and over his shoulder. He starts to head to the bathroom again so I start squirming and pushing on his back to try and free myself. He doesn't even budge... is this guy made of iron?

When we reach the bathroom he fully closes the door and sets me down, blocking my only escape. I stand in front of him as he towers over my small frame. "Strip." Damon says with a low grumble, he is definitely suspicious of something and he should be. My whole body is a disaster no matter how you look at it.

I look him in the eyes and for some weird reason I feel like teasing him a little more, almost liking his dominating side. "No." He looks at me with slight shock and starts walking forward. With every step he takes closer to me, I take a step back until I'm met with the wall. He steps a little closer and looks down at me.

His arms slam into the wall behind me, making me jump, and leans down enough to where our faces were just a mere inch apart.

"If I have to repeat myself, I might need to break that promise I made earlier." He said with such a deep voice my whole body trembles. I look away and feel his presence slowly back away from me.

My eyes start to water at the thought of him seeing my bruised and damaged skin. I hate how I look, covered is marks that show every painful hit or kick I've received. They show how disgusting I really am.

I keep my face to the side and shakily start to lift my shirt. Once I pass my stomach, I hear a deep growl coming from Damon. I meet his gaze only to see sharp golden orbs with such rage and disgust. I whimper at the sight but realize that it's not pointed directly to me, it's to these marks, to whoever made them.

"Who did this?" His wolf says on the surface, ready to just rip through and go hunting for the culprit.

I hesitate, not wanting to tell him but when I saw his face I just couldn't bring myself to lie. "M-More t-than one p-person." I whimper.

He growls a little louder and with more power "is that beta a*swhole one of them? Your dad?" He asks already knowing the answer without even having to ask. He nods his head before saying...

"I'm going to rip him to shreds."