Ch.21 ~ Your What?

Damon's POV

"D-Damon, I'm pregnant."

What? Did I hear him correctly? Did he just say...

"Your what?" I ask unable to believe that he got pregnant from the first time. I mean I told him that if he got pregnant that we would be fine but I was only saying that because I didn't think he would ACTUALLY get pregnant on the first try!

"I'm pregnant Damon." He says my name with so much emotion that I just want to walk over to him and hold him in my arms forever.

"Yes this is actually happening, and while your mate has been going through this by himself, you have been off just hanging around with those idiots you call friends!" Mother does not sound in the least bit happy about this. I glance over at father to see that he is giving me a look of pity. What did I do wrong? I thought I was helping him by giving him some space after what I said!

...what I said...

F*ck! I hurt his feelings after having my way with him, then I just leave him alone to get away from my own problems while he is supposedly carrying my pups! What the hell is wrong with me? Actually... don't answer that.

Without thinking I walk over to Kai and lift him over my shoulder, being carful of his stomach as I walk out of the pack house. I can hear my parents yelling at me in the distance but I just ignore them and head to my place.

Once we reach my house I notice that Kai hasn't said anything, he didn't fight or try to struggle, he just let me drag him here. I set him down on the kitchen counter so that we are eye level with each other. I guess it's time to make this right... ugh so troublesome.

"Listen, I didn't mean anything I said to you. I didn't know what to do in that moment. Everyone knows me for being the straight alpha with gay parents, so when those three came over I didn't think twice to tell them that I wasn't mated with a guy. Don't think that I meant any of it because I didn't." I reassure him in the most gentle voice I can muster.

"Ok." He slowly and quietly mutters. Does he not believe me? No, he definitely does. There is something in his voice that is telling me he knows what I'm saying is true. It's almost as if he just doesn't know what to do about it.

The only thing that pops to my head is to lean down and kiss him, so that's what I did. He doesn't move an inch and just lets me peck his lips softly. Goddess, I missed this so much. His lips are so soft and addicting. I pull away to look at him and see the slight lust pooling in his orbs as I lean forward and continue kissing him, deepening the kiss as we get more into it.

Suddenly he pulls away and I look at him confused before he pushes me away from him, hops off the counter, and heads upstairs.

Ok...

I follow him up to my room and I'm about to step inside before the door comes slamming into my face.

"Don't come near me." He says slightly trembling through his voice. My eyes widen at his sudden confidence, he must be upset still. The way his voice shook a little made me believe that he was feeling something and I wasn't just going to let it go that easily.

"Open the door, Kai." I say with my alpha voice and I hear a soft moan through the door before I reach forward to open it only to notice I'm locked out. "Open. The. Door." I can sense his arousal from out here and it makes me want to just break the door down but he is on the other side.

"No." His voice is full of so much lust and fear that it makes it almost impossible to not just ram through this f*cking door.

"Open the door or so help me I will break my way through and take you right now." I growl, my wolf getting on edge and excited that our mate it aroused.

"No."

"And why won't you?"

"You... you hurt me." At this point I can hear the sadness in his voice. I start to feel even worse, I just want to cuddle with him and make sure he knows all I said wasn't true.

I lower my head in shame, "Please, let me make this right." I hate how my voice softens for only him, it makes me sound so weak and vulnerable but I can't help it, he is important to me.

I slowly realize something, I'm falling in love with this innocent little omega, he is so pure and sweet that it just breaks me to know that I hurt him. I wanted to deny it so many times but I really can't shake the feeling of wanting to protect him and love him with all my might.

I hear a click and look up to see my bedroom door open a crack, Kai's head peeking through. Without thinking I grab the door knob and push it open, making him stumble back a little but I quickly wrap my arm around his tiny waist to support him.

I pull him as close to me as possible and hunch over to devour his lips. He is so tiny, but he fits perfectly in my arms, like the last two pieces of a puzzle coming together to finish the grand picture.

He melts against my touch and lets out a yelp when I reach under his juicy thighs to lift him up so that his arms are hugging my neck while his legs are wrapped around my waist. We never break the kiss as I head for my bed and sit down at the edge, Kai straddling me.

This time I'm the one to pull away and he looks so upset with the missing contact. I look down at his stomach and a rush of warmth goes through my body as I think of how I'm going to be a father. I didn't expect it to be this soon but I'm happy never the less.

I position ourselves so that I'm laying down on my back with him sprawled over my chest. Rubbing his back softly, I kiss his forehead and watch as he slowly slips into dreamland. Once I notice he is sleeping peacefully, I lean down and whisper into his ear

"Goodnight Kai, I love you."

~~~~~~~~

Ok... soooooo I was rereading a little bit and noticed that I literally made the biggest error ever! As I was writing this I completely left out the fact that Damon's dad is supposed to be dead and that he is already alpha... yeah I know bear with me😅

I have been so caught up on other things that my mind just slipped and I kept rolling with it. So I either am going to have to change the beginning and make it so that his father is still alive or I can change the rest of the book and make it so that Damon is already alpha. I'm going to leave it up to you guys so let me know which one you would prefer me to change.

I honestly think that just changing the beginning is easier but I don't know how the rest of the story would play out so I need your opinion!

With that being said... I'm just gonna go ahead and contemplate my life decisions real quick🤦🏻‍♀️

Edit~ I did end up changing it so the dad is still alive~