Ch.47 ~ Ace

Kai's POV

It's happening tomorrow.

I'm having my baby tomorrow...

To say I'm terrified is an understatement, I'm literally freaking out right now.

Damon has taken it upon himself to make sure everything is set up and ready for the little one that's going to see the light of day for the first time tomorrow.

He's set up the baby's room and even though it's not going to be used for a bit, he still wanted it to be perfect. We have a crib right next to our bed for the baby to use for the first few months until we feel it's ok to let him be by himself in the baby room.

If I'm being honest I don't even know what I'm going to do once the baby is born. I feel I'm too young to have a kid and Damon and I have only been together for a little less than a year.

It's all too much and I feel like my stress levels are going through the roof.

Damon on the other hand has been extremely excited. He keeps rubbing my belly asking the little guy to hurry and come out.

He wants to see what the baby will look like and if he'll have my green eyes or his blue eyes, my white hair or his black hair.

He's so ecstatic it almost makes me feel a little better but the nerves still override the anticipation.

If anything I'm just scared.

Every time I think about being a parent I recall my father and chills run up my spine in a disgusting reminder of what I went through with my own so called 'parent'.

I don't ever want my kid to be treated the way I was, I want my kid to grow up with happiness and kindness. I want him to be an amazing alpha who will feel sympathy for others and help those in need instead of demanding them or overpowering them for his own selfish desires.

As cruel as it may sound I guess I wanted this child to be everything Damon and I never could be.

And that's what scares me the most.

That I won't be able to make that happen.

But I didn't want to think negative thoughts, I don't want to conjure up possibilities that I won't be a good enough parent for my child.

So I decided to busy myself by cooking for the pack and helping Damon with anything he would let me help with.

And before I knew it...

It was time.

~~~~time jump~~~~

"Ahhhhh!!!!" I scream when I feel another pulse of pain spread through my body.

Even though I was due to have a c-section, the pain of contractions as well as the unbearable level of discomfort I was feeling made me want to just rip my stomach open and take the baby out myself.

The doctors told me that I had to go through the first few levels of contractions so they would be able to easily remove the baby once they opened me but they didn't warn me of the pain that came with it.

It's been going on for hours and they still wouldn't cut me open because apparently the baby was moving slower than they thought.

Damon has been next to me the whole time and while he's been trying to calm me down and help me through it I've taken to gripping his hair and yanking on it to give him even a fraction of the pain I'm feeling.