Ch.30 ~ What is Happening?

Damon's POV

What the f*ck?

So they are just going to leave like it's nothing? They are just going to move on as if the pack is nothing more than an extra home? Mother said he would visit as frequently as he could but was that just to make me feel better? Are they ever coming back?

I keep my face as calm as I can while a million thoughts run through my head. I can't believe this. I don't even know if I'm ready to be a full fledged alpha without knowing my father is right there beside me. And what is up with this stupid ancient bullsh*t!?

I fell a soft and gentle hand land on my bicep, rubbing circles onto my tensed arm. I look down to see Kai giving me a small smile.

"It's going to be ok." He reassures. How does he know? I'm over here freaking out that I won't have to support of my parents while he is all smiley and acting as if this isn't important.

"What do you mean it's going to be ok!?" I honestly have so much going through my head I can't control my rising voice and prominent temper. "My parents are leaving and I don't even know if I'm ready for this! They are leaving, Kai! Gone! I get that I'm alpha but I won't have someone to turn to if I'm lost!"

Kai looks taken back as he hesitantly takes a step closer to my fuming form. "I'm here." He whispers. Our eyes never break contact as the swirling emotion is transferred through each other. I feel myself slowly calm down but am still p*ssed about the whole ordeal.

"Let's just eat." I mutter, not in the mood to talk anymore.

"Ok, I'll make us breakfast." Kai keeps his voice soft and low as to not make me agitated. He really is starting to know how to calm me down and not stir me up. There are times where he gets moody and defensive but he mainly tries to keep me relaxed.

As Kai makes us some pancakes with bacon and has-browns, I pull up Netflix on the TV and search for a movie. I send a quick text to Andrew to let him know that I won't be leaving the house today. He reply's with a simple 'Ok sir, I'll keep everything under control.' I lean back on the sofa, breathing in the mouthwatering aroma of the food that Kai is cooking.

I pry myself off of the comforts of the couch as I stalk my way to Kai. I stand right behind him, wrapping my arms around his slim body and setting my head on his shoulder. He is frying the bacon with one skillet while flipping the pancakes on the other.

As he makes breakfast, I never leave my spot behind him. I close my eyes and relish in his sweet scent that is mixed with mine. His scent is so relaxing that it makes me forget how mad I was just a few minutes ago.

He finishes up with the food and sets up the table, all while I'm still glued to his back. He pauses once the table is set and turns his head to look at me.

"Damon.... I-I can't move."

I can see the red tint to his cheeks and I can feel the slight tremble of his body. I stop myself from doing anything too extreme, especially with everything that just happened with my parents, as I release my hold on him.

"Ok let's eat." His voice is low and soft. I notice that he is still a little pink on his cheeks.

We sit down and eat breakfast while we talk about anything and everything. Kai tried to make the situation with my parents a little better but I can't help but feel upset that they are leaving on such short notice.

Once breakfast is finished and we cleaned up the table, I get a call from Andrew. I internally groan as I know something must be wrong.

The first words that come out of my mouth after answering the call, "What happened?"

"I didn't want to have to bother you since you wanted the day to yourself but I feel like this is an important matter."

"Does it need to be dealt with today or is it something that can wait till tomorrow?" I just wanted the day away from everything so I can think about how this whole situation is going to play out.

"I wish I can say that it can wait but I'm not so sure." I can hear some ruckus in the background and my senses come to alert when I hear the sound of what seems to be a female screaming.

"What's the problem?" I sternly ask.

"I am honestly not quite sure myself. When I came to the border to see what the issue was, three females were sitting down with claw marks all over their bodies. They are fine and are currently getting treated but they said a werewolf attacked them. It was a wolf from a different pack. I can't put a face to it but the scent is oddly familiar."

"Three of our own were attacked by a wolf from a different pack?" I repeat as I try to think of who it can be.

"Yes sir, and I have a feeling that this is only the start of something big." I can't deny that fact. If a wolf started attacking us then there has to be a reason behind this, but what is it?

"I'll be there shortly, make sure everyone is ok and have the guards be on high alert." I order him as I get up from the kitchen table. Kai was standing next to me the whole time so he must have heard the conversation.

"I'm coming, I want to make sure our pack is ok." Wow, he didn't even stutter. I'm kind of surprised by his protective side to the pack right now.

Reluctantly I let him join me since he is Luna anyway. By the time we reach the border where this took place, the three females were already treated and wrapped up in bandages.

Kai bolted to them and was checking to see how they were doing. I felt my heart skip a beat with how caring my mate is.

I turn to Andrew and ask him more about the attack. He holds up a ripped piece of clothing and hands it to me. I take a whiff and can instantly feel a sense of recollection with this smell.

I search my mind for a possible match on who this might be but I can't seem to put a face to this. I turn to see Kai speaking with the pack doctor about what the wounds were like.

What the h*ll is happening?