Ch.16 ~ Friends?

Kai's POV

I stir awake when the blinding sun is being burned into the side of my face from the small crack of the curtains. I'm so comfortable, this is the first time I have woken up so unbelievably warm and safe in my life.

I look over my shoulder to see a sleeping Damon right behind me, back hugging me. His left arm is slung over my waist and his face is nuzzled into my shoulder blade. I move a little bit and try to free myself when I have a strong urge to use the restroom. He won't budge.

"Damon? P-Please move, I need to u-use the restroom." I quietly say to his sleeping form, hoping he will do as I ask. He doesn't even respond and just stays put. I struggle some more before he groans and squeezes me tighter. Really?

"Damon!" I raise my voice a little and I feel him flinch slightly. He looks down at me and lets go when he sees me holding my legs, clearly needing to use the bathroom. I get off the bed and head straight for the toilet.

When I finish with my business I walk out and see that Damon is standing right at the bathroom door. I look up at his height and give a questioning look. He suddenly leans down and gives my lips a quick pec before passing me and entering the restroom.

W-What was that?? My heart is beating like crazy!! He looked like he was so infatuated with me just now. That kiss meant more than just a 'good morning', right!? I thought he only wanted to use me for his title?

I shake my head and grab my clothes off the floor, blushing as I remember the crazy night we just shared. I have never felt so happy, so important, so loved in my life.

I am about to put my pants on when I feel something warm leaking down my leg. I look down and see a creamy white color dripping in between my thighs. My eyes widen when realization hits me, h-he came inside!? Did he not use a condom!? I don't remember!

As Damon walks out I turn around to face him, shock written across my face. He looks confused till I start speaking. "D-Damon, you c-came inside me? W-What if I get p-pregnant!?" I tell him and his eyes also widen.

We were so lost in ourselves last night that we didn't even think of using a condom. His shock laced face looks down at my wet legs before meeting my gaze.

"F*ck." Is all he says before he walks over to me. He stands right in front of me and leans over till he is hugging me closely. I lean into his touch, calming down a little bit.

"It's ok, don't worry too much, there is a possibility that you won't get pregnant. Even if you did then we will just have the kid and cherish them." He whispers in my ear. I relax a little with his comforting words before he pulls away.

"Want some breakfast?" I nod my head quickly and we both head downstairs to the kitchen. He is being so nice today.

"Uhh... I have no cooking skills." He suddenly admits as if he just realized.

I giggle and tell him to sit down while I start to prepare the breakfast. I learned to cook at a young age when my mother would teach me and I would help her with the food. After she passed, I was left making all the food for my father, who would force me to make him whatever he wanted. This only helped me further with my cooking skills. I am quite good now and can make just about anything.

I make a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and some toast. I like to add a little bit of sugar to the eggs to give them have a sweeter taste, I hope he likes it. I set the plate in front of Damon and he swallows it within seconds. He looks at me with bright eyes "This is good!" I smile at his complement before sitting down and enjoying my food.

"Thank you, I have always loved cooking since I was a kid." He nods his head before we start going back and forth with questions.

"What else do you like?" He asks, quite curiously.

"Hm I don't really have a lot but I enjoy kids. I would occasionally get to play with the packs younger kids when my father wasn't around."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Blue. Yours?"

"Green." That's kind of funny, we like each other's eye color.

We go back and forth a few times, I finally feel like I'm getting to know him better. I found out that he never actually had a girlfriend, just played around. It kind of hurt when he talked about his past flings but I know that he is over that since he has a mate now, or I hope so. I also found out that he is a football lover and is the captain of the schools football team. I kind of knew he played football since I saw him in a uniform at school a few times but I didn't know he was captain.

I told him my life story, about my mother and why my father turned abusive. He told me about how his parents always expected great things from him since he is the oldest of four. It's kind of weird, I've never seen his siblings.

After an hour or two of just sitting there and talking a knock sounded on the front door. I was a little upset, I felt so comfortable talking with him. I could do this all day, just sit and talk about anything.

Damon got up and opened the front door revealing three boys that looked about our age. I feel like I recognized them from our school but I didn't know what their names were. We have been out of school for a few weeks since it's summer break so I don't really remember them very well.

The one on the left had blonde hair and brown eyes, the middle one had brown hair and hazel eyes, and finally the one to the right had dark brown hair and almost grayish eyes. If I wasn't mated to Damon I would probably have a small crush on him, he is so handsome.

The cute one caught me staring and had a small smirk on his face before he looked back at Damon. I wonder what that was? I was zoning out a little before I hear the middle one talk to Damon.

"Dude! Did you forget that we were supposed to hangout today? We waited for you at the pizza joint but you never showed up! Too busy with some chick?" He had a little bit of a humorous tint to his voice as he spoke. He looked over and noticed me before asking Damon a little coldly

"Who is that?"