Ch.17 ~ Fake

Damon's POV

I forgot about them...

"Dude! Did you forget that we were supposed to hangout today? We waited for you at the pizza joint but you never showed up! Too busy with some chick?" Chris says when I open the door. I notice that he catches Kai standing in the kitchen behind me and with a cold voice asks "Who is that?"

My wolf didn't like that, he was a growling mess when he heard how Chris had such a dark and bothered voice when talking about our mate. "His name is Kai." Is all I tell him. All three of them let themselves inside and I roll my eyes at how annoying they are. They were never really my 'friends' they were just part of the football team I was captain of and started hanging out with me.

I knew that all they wanted was my left over flings and my money but I honestly could care less. They could take the annoying girls all they wanted. The money was more bothersome for me though, when we went out to eat or go to the clubs, I would pay. It was mainly because I wanted to go in the first place, so I never really minded that much but when they started asking me to lend them cash it got annoying. I am loaded so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it still got on my nerves how they were able to get whatever they wanted from me even though I'm the alpha.

The first one is Chris, with brown hair and hazel eyes, the second is Jake, with almost black hair and grey eyes. Lastly is Mike, who has blonde hair and brown eyes. They are all 18 and only Mike has found his mate out of the three of them. She is a really nice girl and super pretty, I think I might have f*cked her before though... oh well.

"Kai?? What is he doing here, Damon? He is clearly an omega and a guy, so why is he with you? Don't tell me that you and him are..." he didn't need to finish his sentence because I knew what he meant.

My brain was becoming a scrambled mess, I don't know why but for some reason I didn't want them to know that I was mated to a guy. Yeah my parents are gay and everyone knows that but I always made it clear that I was straight. I glance back at Kai before returning my attention to Chris.

"What are you taking about, of course he isn't. He was just picking something up before leaving." I turn back around and am met with the saddest and most heart broken face I have ever seen. Kai looks like he just got his heart ripped out of his chest and watched as I stomped all over it. My wolf was going crazy, pissed that I would even think of saying something to hurt our mate, I'm just not ready to come out yet.

"You can go now." I say rather harshly to Kai to keep the act realistic. He looks down and I can see small tears forming in his eyes. My wolf lets out a whine and starts to cry out in pain with how badly I treated him. I can't help it! Not in front of them! Not yet!

As Kai walks out I notice the look Jake gives him. I can see how he brushes his arm and whispers something in his ear before Kai leaves through the front door. My wolf is beyond pissed about another guy touching him but I can't do anything about it, not now.

"What do you guys wanna do then?" I ask them before we settle on heading to the pizza joint we planned on going to before.

Kai's POV

It hurts

I have never felt such pain and I don't even know what to do about it. Out of all the abuse I went through, this hurts the most. It feels like my heart has been ripped from my chest and cut into tiny pieces. We just finished mating and I felt like we had a connection but he, out of nowhere, just flips a switch and brushes me off like I'm nothing.

As I left his house the cute one brushes my arm and whispers into my ear very seductively "see you around, cutie." I don't even look at him as I am still heartbroken with what Damon said but I can sense his intention towards me, I can smell the slight hint of arousal.

When I leave the house I go straight to the pack house where I am met with Luke at the front door. He looks at me kind of confused before I just break down in his arms. He moves me to the living room and I just cry in his hold. It felt so calming being held by him, like how my mother used to do when I was clumsy and hurt myself. She would scoop me up and cradle me till my tears were nothing but the past.

Once I stop after a good half hour, he pulls away and asks me what happened. I tell him about the three guys that came over before watching Luke's face morph into one of disgust.

"Those things? Ugh, those three are on the football team with Damon and all they do is use him for money and girls. I never liked any of them." He says with a cold expression, pointed towards them. I look down and debate on telling him how Damon treated me. I don't want to burden him with that so I just leave that part out.

He definitely knows something else happened though when he asks "Did Damon do something? I swear he always tries to put up a front when it comes to others. What ever he said or did, don't let it get to you. He most likely didn't mean any of it, he is just being fake in front of those idiots." He reassures me. It makes me feel a little better and I just nod my head as a response.

"Well then let's get you to bed." He says in a motherly tone before helping me up the stairs.

"Where is Jason?" I ask, genuinely curious as to where he went.

"He has to get prepared for the alpha position to be passed down. It has to happen within this week since you both mated on the full moon." I nod my head in understanding. I almost forgot that Damon is the soon to be alpha, he mated with me so now all that has to happen is his father needs to set up a pack meeting circle and hand over the title.

I was part of a different pack, so I don't know their customs, but I don't think they fight for the title like mine does. I believe they hand the title down to the first born son of the alpha.

Once I am laying down on Damon's bed, I begin to cry again. The smell of Damon makes me remember the night we shared and how he was talking about babies and treating me with some decency before he just crushed it all because of some 'friends'.

I drift off to sleep after what felt like another hour of sobs. I felt like my heart was shredded to bits but I was far too tired to stay up and cry some more.

I hope what Luke said is true...