2: Future Wife Part One

Warning! An angst, but I wouldn't say it's anything too serious, and also part one of two.

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

- Todoroki's POV -

"So I went to visit mum yesterday," Fuyumi said in an odd teasing way as she entered the kitchen, seeing me standing alone.

"So?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the water I was boiling.

"She told me something about you," she teased. I shot my head up and turned towards my sister who wore a grin on her face. I gulped and knew immediately that she knew my secret. "You have a crush on one of your classmates!"

"I told mum that in confidence," I hissed, turning my back on her and pouring the water through the tea leaf strainer.

"And mum told me in confidence," she said. "So, who is she? He?"

"She's just a classmate," I mumbled, pouring Fuyumi a cup of tea also.

"What's her name?" She pestered and I sighed, knowing she wouldn't give up.

"(y/n)."

"What's she like?"

"Is this an interview?" I sighed, handing her her cup.

"C'mon, I wanna know!"

"Well... she's sweet, kind... I guess," I mumbled and she raised one eyebrow. "Pretty, too," I whispered but she heard.

"Aw, my little brother's all grown up!" She squealed and I rolled my eyes. Little did I know however that my father was on the other side of the kitchen door, listening intently.

- (y/n)'s POV -

Aizawa spent the morning lesson explaining the week long internships we were about to embark upon. He was repeatedly telling us the importance of these internships, and how we had to choose our agency wisely. Some of us received offers from agencies, me included, however most of the class didn't. They were handed out a list of lower ranked agencies just so they had experience in the field. The rest of us that did get offers however waited patiently for Aizawa to hand out our lists of agencies. When I looked down at my offers, I almost choked on my own saliva. Ranked first in my list was the 'Endeavour Hero Agency'.

I whirled around to see Todoroki also staring at his list, apparently deep in thought. Looking back at my own sheet of paper, I rubbed my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I had managed to get to the one on one battles of the Sports Festival, but I definitely wasn't second-best-pro-hero material.

Once the lesson was over, everyone immediately began talking about the offers they'd received and which agency they wanted to sign with. Despite him being the father of my crush, I wanted to sign with Endeavour as I knew that if I received an offer from him, I managed to impress him somehow. I also felt as though Todoroki needed to know I had received an offer from him, so cautiously I left my desk to walk to his.

"H-hey Todoroki," I mumbled when in earshot of him. He looked up at me, his eyes widening a little when he saw me and I noticed he was staring at the listed agencies he'd received. "I don't suppose you know why your father sent me an offer, do you?"

"He did?" Todoroki seemed surprised.

"Y-yeah, see," I said, showing him my list of offers.

"He sent me an offer, too," Todoroki said.

"Are you going to take it?" I asked carefully, knowing of the unstable relationship he had with his father.

"I'm not sure... are you going to accept yours?" He asked, staring right into my eyes.