35: The Siren

Note: This is a fantasy AU in which (y/n) is a siren, a mythical beast similar to that of a mermaid only a siren is carnivorous.

Quirk: none

Requested byGolden_wind_edits

 I sat on the rocks in the small cove I came to regularly, kicking my tail back and forth in the water. I was a siren, a mammal that lived underwater who had the upper half of a human and the lower half of a fish. Sirens hadn't gotten the best of reputations. We were predators and a lot of time we fed on mainly fish, however there were times when we'd crave something we shouldn't: humans. We'd surface and use our alluring voices to attract the attention of anyone on a boat nearby, them automatically becoming hypnotised by our singing. The human would be put under a trance, desperate to find the source of the music and once they saw us they'd be attracted to us thanks to our beauty, however the poor human would end up being dinner mere seconds later.

I didn't enjoy taking part in such hunts, as the world of the humans had come to intrigue me so much that the idea of taking a life frightened me. Sirens had become magical creatures to fear due to the fact they had taken the lives of so many humans who dared to venture out to sea, which meant that slaying a siren offered a big reward. Because of this my parents didn't want me going anywhere near the surface, but I just couldn't help myself.

I regularly came to this cove, just wishing I could explore the land beyond it. Thankfully as this cove was surrounded by cliffs it was unlikely that I'd be seen and if I was then the water in front of me was deep enough to dive into. "Excuse me," a voice suddenly snapped me from my thoughts and I turned to see a human walking towards me. He had red and white hair, was wearing a blue tunic and had a sweet smile on his face. "I'm lost, I was wondering if you could give me directions?"

I just stared at him for a moment, appreciating his beauty before spotting his sheathed sword by his side. I let out a sudden shriek making him jump, then jumping quickly in the water to avoid the likeliness of being impaled. He did look kind however, so I couldn't help but poke my head out of the water before I swum out too far. I saw him stood on the beach, looking directly at me. For a moment we simply stared at each other with intrigue, and I was quite surprised that his hand went nowhere near his sword.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you!" He called out. "Are you sure you should be swimming that far out?"

I remained silent, him having obviously not noticed the fact I had a tail as opposed to a pair of legs. "I was just wondering if you knew the way back to the Todoroki Kingdom?" He asked and I shrugged. I lifted the end of my tail out the water and noticed his eyes widen. "You're a mermaid?" He asked. We were often confused with that species but we were different as they had gills and were a lot less bloodthirsty, whereas we were mammals who needed oxygen to breathe. I shook my head to answer his question. "You're... a siren?" He asked and I nodded. I expected him to gasp and run away but he didn't, he remained stood and I hadn't even used any form of hypnosis on him. "I've never met a siren before," he said and that didn't surprise me, as usually humans who met sirens would end up being dinner. I smiled at him, pleasantly surprised that he wasn't running away. "Well... thanks anyway."

I nodded again before quickly diving under the water, feeling my cheeks heat up a little. I swam down until I could see our underwater castle trying to come up with a lie I could tell my father as to where I had been.

"(y/n)!" My father who was also the king of the sirens called out to me as I approached the castle. I flinched a little, seeing him and his guards swimming up towards me. "Where have you been?"