13: Secrets

Quirk: Telekinesis

Requested by: Anime_Waifufu

- (y/n)'s POV -

I wrapped a towel around the ice pack and gently pressed it against one of the bruises on my thigh. I let out a low hiss but thankfully the cold soon numbed the pain, but only the pain from the injury, not the pain I was feeling in my heart.

During my first year at UA High School, I fell for someone in the support course called Ryouma Terasaka. He was charming and clever, and approached me after the sports festival to praise me on getting through to the one versus one matches. We spent a couple of months talking, getting to know each other and he practically swept me off my feet, especially when he desperately made sure I was okay after the summer training camp. He also congratulated me on getting my provisional hero licence, we hung out plenty and helped each other with homework - it became no surprise really when we got together as a couple.

For the first few months I was happy. He was treating me so well and I felt as though I was a princess, but it didn't take long for that to change. About three months into our relationship his parents announced that they were getting a divorce, leaving him heartbroken. I didn't know what to say so I instead comforted him silently. I knew he needed time to let this information sink in and I knew it was going to be difficult for him so I didn't want to force my presence onto him, but I felt as though I ought to at least be sitting here with him in case he needed the comfort.

"Just piss off, will you?" He suddenly said, standing up and glaring at me. I was a little shocked by his tone but stood up also.

"I-I- um-,"

"Just leave me the fuck alone!" He shouted, his fists clenched.

"Ryo, calm down, I know it's difficult to take in but you need to try and relax-,"

"I said fuck off!" He shouted, and what happened next was so quick, so sudden that I didn't even have time to react. He had raised his fist in the air, brought it down upon the side of my face so forcefully that I was now crumpled on the ground. For a second it felt numb, but when the pain came it was intense. I looked up at him, blood dripping from my mouth and tears of shock dripping from my eyes, hoping that there was some form of regret on his face but there was none. Instead he kicked me in the stomach, hard. "Fuck off already!"

As quickly as I could I scrambled away, out of his dorm room and towards the communal bathrooms in the building. I hid away in a cubicle, pressing sheet after sheet of toilet paper against my cheek in a fruitless effort to stop the bleeding. I was still in shock, my heart breaking as I slowly began to register what had just happened. I expected my phone to flood with 'I'm sorry' texts but none came through.

Finally when the bleeding stopped I left the bathroom, keeping my head down and making my way back over to 2-A's dorm building. Because it was a weekend most people were out however I did spot a particular red and white haired classmate brewing himself some tea. I briefly caught his eye but didn't fancy talking to anyone, so instead headed straight up to my room.

Shoto Todoroki was a friend of mine, the two of us getting along well since he had started opening up more to the class. He was probably one of the closest friends I had in this class and it'd be a lie if I didn't acknowledge the fact he was good-looking, kind and thoughtful particularly when it came to me. I was thankful for him, but right now in this current state I didn't fancy talking to anyone. I still couldn't help but smile a little when I received a text from him, asking if I was okay.