Pt7: Pity

⚠TRIGGER WARNING⚠

Panic Attack, Eating Disorder, Harsh Language, Hospital

==========================================================

Your POV

I wake to quiet chatter coming from two presumably men.

"Yes Mr. Gold I understand you think you can take care of Y/n but she needs help, she will need to be in here for a few days and after that she will most likely have to be sent to a mental institute until she is better. We are only really going to accept offers that are serious and I don't mean to stand out of line but you don't seem to be 'ready' to look after someone with as complex needs as young Y/n," says a familiar voice but I can't figure out who it is.

I try and stay as still and quiet as possible as to not show that I am awake and listening to what they are talking about.

"I am serious Sir, I understand what she is going through because I too went through a similar time in my life, and I got through it thanks to my friends and family who supported me every step of the way, and I want to give that to Y/n. A warm safe place where she can talk to me and my friends about anything. I really want her is my life, I want to wake up and make sure she is safe and healthy. I want to give her the love I was given."

Is that Wil? Why is he still here and why is he talking about me to this other man? Why does he care? Who is that other man? Will they send me to a mental institute? Why did he even save me if this was just going to happen.

Fuck.

Before I realize what is going on I realize that my face is hot with tears, but heart is pounding, my whole body is shaking, I can't breathe. Fuck, I can't breathe.

Before I can register what is happening everything around me starts beeping and people are rushing in again.

"Hey, can everyone give her some space. I understand that her body is weak right now but she is just having a panic attack. The more you crowd her the more she will panic," Wil stated firmly. "Now if you don't mind, may I go over to comfort her to calm her down." Giving a side eye to the other man in the room.

"W-Wi-i-il?"

"Yes. Can you hear me? I'm right here."

I feel a warm body embrace me. I can hear a strong heart beat, but for once it isn't mine. It's strong and steady and calm. A warm but familiar hand reaches out and grasps my hand.

"Can you feel this? That is me. I'm right here."

"W-Wi-i-il?" I nod

"Don't talk just try and copy my breathing and listen to my heart beat."

After sitting with Wil for about 5 minutes. Just breathing and quietly telling me 'I'm safe', the room seemed to be quiet and still until there was an awkward shuffle in the corner of the room. For the first time I get to catch a look at the man who stood in the corner. It was the man that always seemed to come talk to me after I would end back in the orphanage. He had a 'special' name but I never even got to remember his actual name.

"Can I meet you outside for a second Mr. Gold?"

"Will you be okay here Y/n? I will be right outside and if you need me you can just call and I will be right in here with you."

I nod because me whole body was tired and I could muster up the words.

Wilbur POV

Why does this man want to talk to me. I'm pretty sure he has said all that he has wanted to and I frankly don't want to listen to his shit anymore.

"Sir, I think the way you handled that situation back there was very admirable. Based off the actions in there I think you may be suitable for Y/n," he says like he is reading of a script. "She seems very comfortable around you, she seems to feel safe and you look like you would be able to do Y/n some good."

"Thank you."

"Before we can make this final we will need to go through proper order but assuming everything goes okay, you will be able to take Y/n home with you when she is discharged."

"I have one question. Will I be able to adopter her straight away or will that take longer?"

*Time skip until they finish talking about legal stuff because I don't really know how it works*

Your POV

They have been standing out there for a while now. I wonder what they are talking about. 

Within seconds of thinking that they both walk in together, Wil had the biggest smile I've seen and Mr. Glenn (the other man) had his stone cold look on his face as always. Mr. Glenn just picked up his bag and walked back out the door without a word.

"I have some good news for you Y/n," Wil said with a positive tone. "Do you want me to tell you now or do you want to have get to sleep?"

"I can't sleep, sorry."

"Don't apologize, it's been a very busy night and I can understand that you have a lot going on up there," he said gently tapping on my forehead. "Is it too noisy in here? Would you like me to shut the door?"

"No it's fine Sir." I say not wanting to bother him anymore then I already "Here is your hat back Sir. I know it's late so you probably want to leave. I'm sure your very busy. I'm sorry for disturbing you tonight."

"No. Please don't apologize. I really happy that I've met you, which is why I'm going to foster you. I've been where you are before and I just want to help, so if you want to when your discharged from here, you can come home with me."

I'm speechless. Why would he want me in his house? I'm worthless. I can't do anything, I'm just going to hurt him like I do every other foster family that I go to.

Pity

He feels bad for me so he wants to make him feel good about himself. He is going to foster a fucked up, broken kid 'out of the kindness of his heart'. He is no better then the other families that take me home.

He gets money and to the orphanage it means they don't have to pay for expenses to send me somewhere to 'make me better'.

Why did even have to find me? I should have just jumped, it would mean everyone else would be happy, and maybe some other kid with a chance of life left would get to find a home.

==========================================================

Sorry for the long chapter, I felt like I owed you guys a better chapter after the last one.

I hope that you are all doing good.

The chapter isn't the greatest, but I think it will become important later on in the story.

Make sure you eat, drink some water, take your meds (if not already) and get some good sleep.

Stay safe and remember that you are loved. ❤❤❤