Pt32 : The Car Trip

⚠TRIGGER WARNING⚠

Minor Self Harm, Eating Disorder

==========================================================

Y/n POV

We got in the car, Wil hopped in the front with Niki in the divers seat, so that left Ranboo and myself in the back. Will did offer to sit in the back with me, but I thought it might be too squished.

"So Wil, how has the writing been, it has been so long since I've seen you?," Ranboo breaks the silence as we start to drive.

"Yeah, it's going well, the boys are working on getting the EP out, we have done most of it, just need to finalize some stuff," Wil and Ranboo kept talking for a bit while I sort of zone out and just watch the scenery fly past out the window.

While I was watching the houses and the cars go past, turns out I started scratching my arm, something I had found myself doing a fair amount when I don't think or am not focused on something particular. A few more minutes pass before I hear a soft voice pull me back to reality.

"So Y/n, what are you into?" I realise that Ranboo was now trying to talking to me, but  had no idea how long he had been trying to. Guilt all of a sudden floods my brain, is he going think I'm rude for ignoring him, I hope he isn't upset. He seems cool.

"Um sorry, I zoned out," I fumble on my words for a second or two longer before finally finding the words I meant to say, "I'm not really sure sorry. I enjoy drawing I guess, and the one book I've read I enjoyed but it was a while ago." 

"Oh cool, I think it takes a massive skill to  draw, so you must be very talented," I could tell that Ranboo had noticed that I a was scratching my arm before, every now and then he would gaze down to make sure that I was okay.

"Sorry to interrupt, but the other car is having a stop just up here to get food. Apparently not a single one of the can last more than an hour before eating, would you like to stop or keep going and just beat them there and get something to eat when we get to our final destination.

"We may as well stop," Ranboo says. "From what I got from Tubbo, there isn't much up there and knowing the other lot, there are going to be here for like 30 minutes so we will have nothing to do while we are up there."

"Sounds like a plan. Glad someone tells you about this," Wil snarks while adjusting the gps. "How are you going Y/n? You have been quiet for a bit."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry I went quiet, I was just taking in the road, so we are stopping?" I ask trying to focus more on the conversation.

"Yeah, we will probably be at the stop in around 10 minutes, we can get something to eat while we stop," as Wil says this my body instinctively tenses at the thought of having to eat, especially around people I really don't know. 

I can see that Ranboo was back on his phone so I hoped that he didn't see me react like that.

Ranboo POV

Something seems up with Y/n, but I can't tell what. I don't want to scare them by just asking upfront, maybe I will talk to Wil later.

After about 15 more minutes of driving we turn into McDonalds on the side of the road where I can already see the others car in the car park. 

"There we go, I'm not sure how long we will be stopped for as after all we do still have to record a whole video but Tommy will do Tommy," Wil says opening the door and getting out, so I follow suit and start walking into the restaurant where I see the group in a corner booth messing around. I couldn't help but notice that Y/n didn't get out of the car.