4̲̅9̲̅

Please, endeavour to read A/N at the end of the chapter. Thank you.

* Dazzline *

    I hit my palms on the desk twice and everyone stood up to greet Mrs Ada.

   "Good morning Mrs Ada! We are happy to see you!" Everyone chorused with a big smile on our faces.

   Well, Mrs Ada has this good vibes that she always manages to rub off on all of us.

   "Good morning students! You can have your seat", she replied with a big smile on her faces. "I have something to tell you all" she announced and her face became serious.

  "As you all know, your senior WAEC and NECO is supposed to take place next term, which is third term", she paused and most of us nodded our head positively.

   She looked around the class and her gaze landed in mine. "Are you okay Dazzline?" She asked with concern laced in her voice.

   "Yes ma" I replied with a faked smile. She nodded and looked away. Truth is, ever since Dad came back, I've been miserable. My room has become my best friend. I barely go out now. And I haven't seen Gabriel since three days. Three days!!

   "As I was saying, Your WAEC and NECO is supposed to take place next term, but it's taking place this term instead....."

"Ehn? Why naa? We haven't prepared!" Someone whined, interrupting Mrs Ada.

   "I know, I know, that's why you all will be taking extra lessons for three hours after school and five hours on Saturdays", she replied with a smile and most of us groaned.

  "Your exams will be taking place during the second term holidays. And your jamb too. So study hard" she added and proceeded to write on the board; revision of last terms work and scheme of work.

   *****************

I was sitting at the cafeteria, staring at my lunch of meat pie and fanta when I suddenly felt someone's heated gaze on me.

   I turned to look and Alas! It was my boyfriend.

"Gosh! Gabriel you scared me!" I exclaimed with a bored tone.

  "Stop lying. You don't even look scared" he replied while taking a bite of his sausage rolls.

   "True", I nodded as I took a sip from my fanta. "So, how long have you been sitting here?" I asked and he stared at his watch.

  "Ten minutes" he replied. "You didn't notice" he added.

"Sorry" I muttered.

"What's going on with you?" He asked me with a worried look on his face. He laced his fingers with mine.

    "I'm your boyfriend, Dazzline, why am I here if you won't tell me anything? I get that you must be going through a lot but still, you should share your problems with me. It feels like you don't trust me" he said and his voice sounded really pained.

   Why is he talking like this? He's not about to....oh no! He can't!

"I don't know why I'm your boyfriend if you won't tell me anything Dazzline" he added, "maybe...."

   "You're not about to break up with me are you?!" I blurted out, interrupting him. My curiosity was already getting the best of me.