Chapter 79 - Why is my love life so scuffed?

Note:

- This chapter is the longest so far

- Another reminder, I have no plans of dropping this story. I just post whenever because life is a bitch and won't give me time. So please bear with me.

- I realised I'm going all past and present tense in this but I honestly majorly ceebz to fix it up. Just know it's meant to be past tense

-------------------

POV: 3rd person

Aiden whistled down the street, finally relaxing after everything he experienced at the party. Sure it wasn't all bad but he was still tensed throughout (except when he was on stage). He had managed to leave shortly after returning inside. All he had to say was that he forgot to feed his non-existent the entire day and ran out of the venue.

Sure, a couple of ladies and men managed to cling on to him and stuff their numbers into his pockets (his singing seemed to charm them all) but overall a success. He managed to get out and the next day, he finally got to go to work.

One second he was alone, cruising down the street and internally expressing his distaste for the couple who were eating each other's faces in front of the bar, and then next, Erwin was walking next to him in nonchalant.

Aiden didn't jump in surprise or shout in shock or didn't flinch, which made Erwin's face contort into surprise instead.

Aiden noticing this smirked at the spatial traveller but didn't stop his whistling. Instead, Erwin took the initiative with a curious glance.

"My sudden appearance didn't seem to cause a falter in your step."

"Well, when your boss has a bad habit of eavesdropping on private conversations and then proceeds to confront you on it, his hasty appearance wouldn't be much of a surprise."

"... Hn." And then silence had befallen on them. Aiden's ability to sense one's presence astonishes the CEO once again. Until Aiden had enough of Erwin's constant analytical and inquisitive glances. Why was he still following him anyway?

"Alright, spill."

Erwin didn't waste a second. "What the hell happened last week and what do you mean George has been taken away?"

"Of course he goes right to the crux of things." Aiden quietly mumbled to himself. He stopped walking and Erwin followed. "Do I have the option to say I don't want to tell you or mind your business?"

"No. Especially since I gave you a mini vacation."

"I didn't ask for that! I could've–"

"No, you couldn't have and we both know that. You needed that break."

"Then can't you be understanding and you know, not let me relive the memories?"

"No." There was absolutely no room for argument in Erwin's tone.

Aiden let out a surrendered sigh. "Fine you selfish bastard. Can we at least sit at the conveniently placed bench in front of the park fountain, across the street?"

Erwin looked over to the other side and found the object. He nod and they end up comfortable on the wooden planks, with Aiden's feet up on the bench and knees tucked under his chin, and the other man's leg spread out in front of him and arms over the back of the bench. This effectively put it behind Aiden and he had an arm as his cushion. Erwin had loosened his tie and ran his hands through his hair to deactivate the gel, leaving behind a just-shagged hairdo. It was doing wonders to Aiden's heart. His entire figure was doing wonders.