Chapter 44 - Have you changed your mind?

Previously:

"Uh hi? Do I know you?"

-----------------------------------------

POV: Nerovsky

Instead of being offended, the unknown companion laughed in pure joy. It was kind of alarming. He merrily replied, "well now that I think about it, it would be slightly odd if you remembered who I am. I don't think I even gave you my name the first time we met. Or maybe I did but we were all too drunk."

Ok now this guy had definitely lost me and it showed on my face because he chuckled once more before wrapping his arms around my neck and slightly leaning into my space. Usually, I'd pry the arms off but I was high and curious about the mystery man. Plus, Leo had a weird expression, which seemed awfully close to jealousy but that could just be wishful thinking.

"Well, let me reintroduce myself to you. My name is Nick and I am the man who tried to hook up with you the other night at the club."

It took me for a loop but soon enough, memories from 3 months ago rushed in (more or less. I was drunk) and I finally recognised him. "Holy shit. It is you." I bring my hand to his waist and bring him in for a hug. How very uncharacteristic of me

"It is I. I'm surprised you remembered with that little information. I thought it would take a lot more. In fact, I just assumed you would've never remembered and I would've been accused of sexual harassment."

That brought out a chuckle and I gripped his hips as I relaxed back on the banister. "Well, it's hard to forget one of the only three people who tried to hook up with me. If anything, I should be surprised that Mr. Sleep-around remembered my face. Let alone my name."

"Bullshit only three people tried to get with you."

"*shrug* I made myself pretty unapproachable at clubs. Clearly you didn't get the hint."

"Clearly. Also, it's hard to forget someone who not only said no but pushed me onto their best friend. Why do you go clubbing if you have no intention of having any fun?"

"I go because said best friend pushes me to go and releases his wrath unless done otherwise. Regardless, I know you enjoyed that make out session much more than the rest of your endeavours."

"Well, I can't exactly deny that. It led to me getting laid and having the best sex ever after all. Your best friend is a beast"

"And for that, you're welcome. Now please stop talking about his sex life. Hear enough about it. Anyway, what are you doing here and are you going to keep your arms around me the entire time?"

"I work here. I'm on break now but I'm serving for the party downstairs. What about you? And my arms are where they are in hopes you changing your mind from three months ago and finally kiss me. By the way, you have your arms on my hips, I think you're more inclined than last time."

I quickly glanced to my left to see that Leah stopped paying attention and was attempting to try to get the attention of Leo, who was still studying our interaction. I brought my attention back to the man in front of me and grabbed his arms to bring it in front of my chest. "I'm a guest of said party. I work for the company. And the arms are definitely tempting me to say yes. That, and because I'm cooked."

Nick's eyes lit up. "Really?"

"No. You must know by now that I'm not the casual type, even while out of it."

Nick pouted and sulked. "Wow, you would lead me on like that. I'm hurt."

"Well," I pushed him gently to put some space between us. "My best friend is coming to pick me up. I could hook you guys up again if you want? Will that make it up?"