Chapter 20 - How much is the wage for working at a post office in Alaska?

Previously:

"Nero!"

Oh god definitely enjoys my suffering and my pain and my agony. God is a fucking asshole. I'm going beat thy up.

--------------------------

I walked towards the CEO with sorrow written all over my face, with Leah (surprise, surprise) following me behind my trail. Once I'm in front of him (and his secretary who was also present), I asked in a grieving tone,

"You called for me boss sir?"

Leo sent a confused look followed by a frown. He readdresses informatively, "I told you not to call me that."

And that's why I did it. Because I'm pissed at you. For putting me through torture. I flippantly replied, "Sorry sir."

Leo lifted his left eyebrow in more confusion and slight concern, He crossed his arms over his chest and even his secretary looked worriedly at me. The man earnestly asked, "What is wrong with you? Did something happen again?"

I winced internally at the "again". The sincerity brought out a small grin to my face and warmed my face up a little. That was before I realised I had a demon beside me that was giving me murderous glares. I sighed once more, straightened myself up and answered back a bit apologetic.

"I apologise for making you worried. I was just... thinking of something from before. It's fine now, I promise. Back to business though, do you need something from me sir or were you just testing out my name in loud volumes?" Leo to quirked his lip up a bit in humour at the latter remark, which stunned Ms. Secretary (what is her name?) and completely froze Ms. Grove.

"No, no. I wasn't just testing out your name. I really do need you for something surgent and quite important. Although before we get to that... what is Leah doing here with you? Do you guys know each other?"

I glanced over to her and all traces of homicide was completely wiped off, replaced with flirty eyes, flirty lips, flirty hair, heck even flirty nose. I don't know what that means nor do I know how that works but it looked flirty ok? It was all directed towards Leo just an FYI. Anyway, she happily responded back with a hint of lustful undertone, "Yeah we're friends right Nero?"

She looked back at me with her happy chappy smile but in her pupils were clearly telling me to agree. It is filled with harmful threat I tell you. I played stupid, pretending that I did not pick up on the signal and looked back to her in fake ignorance and puzzlement. I said nothing because you know, we weren't actually friends.

She huffed and went back towards Leo. "Anyway. I was actually looking for you! Mother has invited your family and especially you for dinner tonight. You never come and mummy is really heartbroken. I also miss you too, you know."

Leo looked up, deep in thought before rubbing his chin with a regretful expression. "I... I don't think I can make it tonight either Leah. I have a lot to do... I really do feel regretful for rejecting your Mother so much but I am a CEO of a company after all."

Leah moved beside him and practically clamped on his left arm like a leech and shoved it into her cleavage. Is that meant to be some sort bribe? Because that's more of a major turn off than an incentive... maybe it's because you're gay Nero? Shut up smartass Nero. "Aw but we really want you there! They haven't seen you in ages. You shouldn't do them dirty like that." Cue the supposedly cute pouting. All it does was nearly make me puke. Ok, Leo is either seriously fucking dense or he's playing ignorant. I really hope it's the latter because no one likes a dense man.

Leo pried his arm away carefully from her grip and gave her a semi-regretful smile. I swear the other semi was fake but that just might be me. But you have great observational skills, Nero! Yes, I do but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He then said, "I'll let you know later today if I can make it for a short while."