Chapter 4 - Why does god favour certain people?

Previously:

Finally (in the worst way possible), the silence was broken by the powerful man with a grim growl directed straight towards me.

"Just what the fuck is going on here?" 

-----------------

POV ????

Ok so now I'm stunned. Not only because of fear but also because HE IS HOT. The guy is a fucking eye candy in real life. Like here is the thing yeah. Me and my accomplice did our research right. Except I didn't do most of the research bit. My mate did. He just told me the relevant and minute details like how the name of the owner of MegCorp is Leonardo Covell (even his name is sexy. This should be straight up illegal). So he knew what this sex-on-legs looked like but since it's irrelevant to my "mission", he never showed me any pictures or told me that he was hot. I'm fucking mad. I'm pissed at him. Why the hell was I not aware of the fact that the CEO is gorgeous? It is vital information for like everything. I'm gonna beat him up next.

Now let's explain what I'm seeing here because everyone should be treated with this sight (A/N or a description in the reader's case) at least once in their life and I'm not a backstabbing asshole like my now ex-friend. This guy had the nicest shade of brown as the colour of his hair. Like it's light golden brown that almost turns brownish blond in the light. In addition, his eyebrows WERE ON FLEEK I TELL YA and I bet he doesn't even do 'em. NATURALLY PERFECT EYEBROWS MAKES ANY GOOD FACE. Now if we ignore the death glare he was currently giving me, you will see that his eyes were also an addicting shade of GOLDEN brown. Emphasis on the GOLDEN. And by addicting, I mean as soon as you look into them, you legit cannot stop. They're so pretty. Well except now the effect is a little dull because you know, death glare and all but it's semi-working. Moreover, the eyes pop out against his semi-tan skin so it's definitely a defining feature of his. Moving on, this guy has the nicest face shape. I don't know how to explain it but it suits him too well (A/N just imagine your favourite shape or something. I'm not cut out for this.) and his jaw line is so clean and sharp that it could easily cut paper. His nose is nice too. Anyway, back to the situation at hand.

At this point, a whole minute has passed and no one had moved from their current positions. Mr. I-want-your-money has sat up and got me thinking that I really underestimated his resilience and power to backdown. On top of that, I was gaping at the new friend (slightly) because you know, the sudden appearance of an alluring CEO was totally unplanned and uncalled for. It clearly didn't go unnoticed by Mr. Covell because his glare soften up at the slightest and one of his eyebrows quirked up in amusement. Even his scary frown softened slightly... it was still there though. Looks like he realised I was checking him out rather than gaping in fear or shock. I subconsciously got rid of my singular wing to reduce any threatening vibes coming out of me. I also felt my ears going red and a blush coming up my neck after being caught ogling at him.

What got me out of my mini trance and apparently his as well was the sudden and rude interruption by fatso, who was sitting on the floor, glancing between us. He had a smug smile settled on his face and a relieved look in his eyes with a hint worry. Looks like he took my comment from earlier to heart.

"Thank god you're here sir. This psychopath randomly came into my office and began causing havoc and beating me up. He is quite strong but not as strong as you sir." what a simp. He looked at me and continued. "HAHAHA. Now you're screwed. You might as well be dead. Mr. Covell also possess an Oddity and not just any Oddity. He is one of the Elementals, possessing the salamander contract and the power to create as well as control fire." He continued blabbing and at that point, I'm just bored and Leonardo lowkey looked annoyed himself, it wasn't as noticeable. The guy must be a pro at masking emotions...