Chapter 6 - Have we met before?

NOTE:

- Italics = thoughts the POV thinks for the story

- Oddity (Noun): Magic or power possessed by 0.5% of the world's human population, making them rare and extremely valuable. (They work similarly to quirks in BNHA). The world knows about them (it's not a secret) so society functions around them as well as normal humans

---------------------------------------------------------------------

6 MONTHS LATER...

POV: Nerovsky

"I'm hammered. I am totally smashed. Not to the point of blacking out but enough to know that I'm probably going to forget a lot of what might happen tonight. Or am I just exaggerating? I don't know why I agreed to come here. I hate him. He is the bane of my existence. Why is he making me socialise? Help me."

The other interlocutor looked at me with a smug smirk and looked back down into the drink that was placed in front of him. He didn't look as smashed as I did and that kind of annoyed me since it was his idea to come here in the first place.

"You know... You shouldn't be telling your bane of existence this stuff. Most people usually talk smack about them behind their back to other people, not to them."

I stared at him with focused eyes and then blinked once, very slowly. Everything was still out of focus but it was slowly getting better

"You're not my best friend named Aiden Hendrix who I currently hate for dragging me out to a bar."

He gave a short, hearty laugh before replying with,

"Uh yeah. I am the best friend Aiden Hendrix who you currently hate for dragging you out to a bar."

I continued to stare and used all my energy into focusing on the imposter sitting next to me in the booth. Once my visions cleared up, I saw that the imposter wasn't actually an imposter but was in fact Aiden. With that in mind, I gave him a scowl and made clear of the current situation I was in. That situation being at a table with 7 others, 6 of which that were strangers to me. I looked around the table to see all of them being at least tipsy and therefore rowdy and loud. It was not just them, however. The entire bar was loud, with the noise created by people yelling at the game presented on the TV or by people cheering at the dart peoples. Even the girls and guys hitting on single patrons (sitting by the bar) were being deafening.

I looked back at Aiden with my previous glare and began complaining for the 5th time tonight or was it 7th? Did I even ask before?

"Why are you such an asshole Aiden? Assden. Like you know I'm introverted as fuck and can't do well in crowds, especially in new crowds. I haven't spoken with them other than greeting them and couple of words here and there."

He gave a huge sigh of exhaustion but proceeded to answer my complaint anyway.

"Nero, I already told you like a billion times. These people, who surprisingly cannot hear your loud complaints, are my co-workers that invited both you and me out to this bar. They invited you as well because I talk about you so much so it'd be rude to ignore their invitation."

I simply rebutted back with a hint of disbelief.

"Yeah it would be rude except I have a genuine reason to be here, not that I'm saying my introverted nature and reluctance to interact with the human population isn't valid. Anyway, I have work from tomorrow morning. IT'S MY FIRST FUCKING DAY ON THE JOB AS WELL!"

Aiden just waved his hand in dismissal in front of my face (rude asshole) and continued on.

"Yeah but it wasn't me who told you to get hammered was it? Plus, we got invited to an exclusive bar! You know, the ones that require like invitations and shit or like knowing the bartender. You know how exciting that is."