Chapter 24 - Does a broken toy deserve love?

Warning:

- There is minor sexual harassment. It's not major but it ain't consented so it's sexual harassment period

- There is a panic attack that happens.

----------------------

POV: Nero

As the elevator doors opened up to the reception floor, it came to my head that I wasn't actually done with work and still had two hours till I had to go home. I could ask for the rest of the day off. Leo will probably approve of it but I'd rather just go back to my normal day job and remind myself that I don't have to do incognito missions on a regular basis because incognito missions during my day job are terrifying and the experience nearly gave me a heart attack. And that is not a vibe.

As if Leo was reading my mind, he asked me, "Nero, do you want the rest of the day off?"

I just repeated everything I thought in my head which garnered a laugh out of him and he simply said, "Ok." I saw the elevators in sight and all three of us were about to go through the security gates before Leo suddenly stopped, causing Cindy and I to follow in suit. There was a man in front of us and that man looked in his early 30s. He had blonde hair and brown eyes and had the fakest smile I'd ever come across after Leah. He eyed Cindy with disgustingly and all the danger alarms went off in my head. It was at this point when it hit me who this person was.

Whilst my eyes do widen (and tremble slightly), I managed to keep a straight face. I especially commended my knees for not buckling when he looked over to me and gives me a business-like smile. You're fine. You're safe. There are witnesses. He won't do anything to you. You're not even his target anyway... wait I'm not the target but Cindy is. I glanced over to Cindy but she didn't look uncomfortable in his presence, meaning she missed all disgusting signs from Chad. Even his name is douchey.

I was clearly not paying attention because all of a sudden, we were moving to the elevators and approached the CEO designated one (which was smaller than the general ones). Which meant everyone did introductions and small talk... all I did was stand there and blank out. Did he say anything I could use against him? Shit, I should've been paying attention. Now is not the time to freak out. The elevator finally opened up and Chad went in first, followed by Leo. Cindy was about to go in and stand in front of Murphy but I happened to catch the dirty, little smirk of his and I instinctively acted. She can't be there. I have a pen in my pocket. I can use it. Not the subtlest but subtle enough, I got my pen out of my pocket and dropped it in front of Chad. I quietly apologised to thin air and quickly bypassed her to pick up the pen and took up her spot. She stood in front of Leo, next to me.

The doors finally closed and I noticed that sir had pressed for my floor as well as mine. I was still constantly repeating in mind head, you're not the target. You're fine. You're safe. It's not like before. The exit is soon. Except my hypnotism was broken when I felt an unwelcomed hand on my hip. It was subtle and definitely in everyone's blind eye but it was there. And it was moving towards my back and down. I froze, stiffened up very obviously and my mind broke. Aiden said it was women only. He isn't meant to do anything where there are witnesses. Why is there a hand on me? I need to go. I need to get out. I'm suffocating. Someone help me.

My teeth began to chatter, my nerves threatened to take over. I stuck my bottom lip between my teeth in attempts from clacking against each other. I could taste the iron from the broken of my lip. The soft flesh bloomed in pain under the strain of my jaw, I was sure to lose it, and worse of all, it was in front of Leo. I don't want to look pathetic to him. I don't want to show him my broken side. I began breathing shallow breaths at a fast pace. All I heard was a shrill ringing in my ears. I began to plunge into darkness every ten seconds. I'm scared. After zoning back, I realised the door to my floor had opened but I couldn't move. I was frozen. Move! What are you doing?! Go through. Go to the exit. No! The door is closing. My only exit. It's leaving. I'm going to die. I'm going to be... I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable fate.