Chapter 67 - Growing cold, will you let me go?

Note:

- Chapters are going to take longer to get out because they're going be longer from now on (so I don't meet the 200 chapter max limit)

- I think there will be a few POV changes in this chapter (I say I think because I'm writing this as I go and putting whatever I feel like putting in at the moment)

- Hey wanna see the dot points I had for chapters 25-35? I'm gonna show you anyway since I'm currently too busy to write anything. It's also a little easter egg for any re-reading or reading after 20th March 2022.

 It's also a little easter egg for any re-reading or reading after 20th March 2022

I'm a meme. This is how I made 6 dot points into ten chapters apparently. I feel so old looking at this again.

---------------------------

POV: Nero

I didn't know how long had passed since I arrived at the dance floor and I honestly couldn't care. At that point, I was letting the music dictate my movements, mostly being various forms of smooth and fluid movements. The pulse of the bass had been exciting every organ of my body and I'd lost myself. Well not completely because I was still doing my designated task but there was an extent of how much I could see Aiden exchanging spit with dirt.

I recognised the current song as Killshot by Magdalena Bay, which had a very sensual sensation to it. So everyone around began dancing with the closest being to either sway with them, grind on them or make out. I knew I was good at dancing so when I moved to the music in a sultry manner myself, I noticed a couple of people gravitating in my direction.

There were a couple of hand grabs on my hips from god knows who but I managed to smoothly push them off and directed them to someone else. Bless their drunk asses. I'd noticed recently that I didn't panic (much) if I were to be touched on the dance floor (without consent), opting to calmly move them to someone else. If it were anywhere else, I'd jump up and shake on the ground. I blamed the music for the weird phenomenon. And maybe the drinks beforehand.

The club was dark, only being lit up by the pulsing strobe lights, flashing purple UV lights and the glow from the white lowlights tracing the roof. The smell of people due to the semi-packed floor and the smell of drinks filled the air, the music making it hard to hear the people around unless they were to speak right next to your ear. It put you in your own world. Just the music and the dancer. And the conversation from the Killuc table that I was half listening to. I was sure Aiden was more than able to memorise all the important parts without my help.

I closed my eyes to once again temporarily lost my life and escaped from the real world.

Oh god
Can you make my heart stop
Hit me with your kill shot baby
I mean it so serious

God
Can you make my heart stop
Honey with your kill shot baby
I mean it so serious

Still swaying to the music, I opened my eyes, only to freeze on the spot. A couple of metres away, on the other side of the dance floor was the last person I expected to see looking back. For anybody else, it would be difficult to clarify whether it was him under these lights. But after pining for so long, I could probably tell him apart from a kilometre away. That being said, everyone could tell he was drop-dead gorgeous so now there were a bunch of people touching him all over the place with no shame. It made me want to douse them in petrol and flick a match at them.