Chapter 80 - Where's the closest hiding spot?

Note:

- I had an extremely hard time trying to start this off. Like I had zero fucking clue how, hence why it took me like a week to write again (not that it affects the readers since I'm currently twelve chapters ahead anyway) – written 15/01/2020. My point is, forgive me if it starts off... weird. I'm really winging it as I go right now.

- This story is a lot slower than I expected it to be. And I apologise. Even I'm like wtf. But I really like the process of the couple getting together rather than them getting together. I mean don't get me wrong, I love it when they get together and I like seeing some sort of epilogue or something (as well as some couple fluff) but it's like, my dreams are all literally just the process of them getting together and since I dream up these ideas, it kind of turned out that way.

- This is also my first story ever written so it's a really good learning experience for me. Now I'll know what to do and what not to do if I ever write another story again.

- I died writing this chapter

----------------------

POV: Aiden

I was dying.

Ok, so I wasn't ACTUALLY dying. Might've been slightly overdramatic there but at least, I was being tortured in some way or form. And it's not the fun kind of torture, like BDSM.

Basically, I'd been on edge for a couple of weeks, which was considered a long period of time. If you knew me, you would know that I HATED being on edge at any given time at any given moment. I like to be cool and collected when executing any form of tasks. So being constantly twitchy was damaging my wellbeing.

That wasn't the worst of it though.

The reason for my anxiousness was something I refused to accept until recently. It was a person, and I DESPISED when any one person had that sort of power over me.

Not that he knew about it.

Long story short, after the realisation (that was almost instantly denied) that occurred the day my boss decided to send my ex on vacation in Nevada, I became hyperaware of his presence. His movements, his words, his distance, his expressions, his attention. Just him.

It got to the point where, I, Aiden fucking Hendrix, the cuddliest and touchiest person of this decade, flinch every single time Erwin Fonzo stood within a two metre radius. If he made any sudden movement, I'd flinch. If he looked at me, my mouth would dry up and I'd begin to perspire on my forehead. If he talked to me, I'd initially speak in a high pitched voice before going back to normal. Luckily, I managed to make my... feedback to his presence to a minimum so I don't think he had noticed.

Needless to say, my reactions were much worse than the time I decided to kiss him as a mean of escaping.

This had never happened to me before, someone heavily affecting me this way but I fucking hate it. Every time he's right there, my mind wanders to all the... charming and thoughtful things he had done for me, especially the time he practically begged for my friendship.

No one had done that for me and I was over the moon.

Except apparently, friendship wasn't enough anymore because I had to go fall for the fuck– no! I haven't... I don't... L word is not a thing with this guy and I will never let it be.

I will never let myself be hurt like that.

Anyway, the only solution I could come up with was to avoid the fucker as much as I could. You'd think with my position you'd only see the guy like once every two weeks or never but for some fucking reason, I was always seeing every second day. Whether it was running into him or joining some sort of meeting or personally seeing him to discuss the project. I hadn't realised how much he was in my life, especially closer to the big day, until I made it a purpose to avoid him.