Chapter 42 - So you think you can dance?

NOTE:

- Uni sucks man. It feels weird for not posting after so long. Anyway, I'm going to try write as much as possible because I'm on a short break !

- UPDATE: jfc i should have gotten an editor. I am so sorry to the ppl who read this before my editing. it's tough and i deserve all the hate in the world

------------------------

POV: Nero

The two hours were just speeches (that was a complete snooze fest) made by bosssir himself (except his. His voice will never get old), a couple of higher ups and some guest speakers. In conclusion, I learnt absolutely nothing from those speeches because I zoned out to pay attention my friends and the food they served mid-speeches. I honestly didn't know if they were appetisers or entrees or whatnot because this was apparently a seven course meal and I seriously had no fucking clue what that meant. Since when did people have to eat seven times a day, in one sitting? 

Nevertheless, I spent the entire (during the speeches) listening to Mason and Pearl gossip about the people around them and the things celebrities had to do to get their spot to this thing. One dude apparently sucked off another when he identified as straight male but it did apparently give him some enlightenment afterwards because rumours have it that they were now casually hooking up. I'm pretty sure being gay wasn't contagious but I began doubting that fact. That or maybe being gay is more fun than being straight.

I had also realised during the entire conversation that Mason was fucking whipped for pearl. Like there was some major simp energy exuding from him as he looked at her like some sort 24 carat Rolex or like she was his dream Ferrari while she animatedly bitched about some co-worker. For someone who was a self-proclaimed observant bastard, I was disappointed in myself for not noticing earlier because it was light as day that he'd been pining after her for a while. However, that wasn't even the best part because as soon as Mason pulled his attention away from her to tend to food or talk to another female, Pearl looked back at him with THE SAME EYES (there was a hint of jealousy when his attention was on the other females). The idiots were pining after each other and it was frustrating because neither of them were hiding the fact that they're gone for each other, yet they couldn't see that. They're worse than bats.

So I made it my mission to help them and I had a failsafe plan, that works 100% of the time. I would execute the plan after I finished my dinner (which I inhaled) and appreciated the masterpiece that was Mr. Covell from a far distance. Speeches were already over and as everyone were having dinner, the man was going around talking to other important people. 

I recognised none of them except for Erwin, who was immediately flocked by his groupies after talking with his best friend. You could tell he was beyond annoyed but he managec to hold it together. Seeing his pain was quite enjoyable. 

Anyway, Leo spent about half an hour going around and he still hadn't finished (I blame the bunch of females who basically pounced at him to try and get a taste of him. They slowed down whatever schedule he had. Their efforts went to waste), which got me a tad bit worried because the man wasn't eating dinner, which slowed down my own chewing. 

I sure as hell hope he had something to eat or else I'm going to stuff this chicken drumstick down his throat. Kindly. Stuff it down kindly. So I don't get fired. 

Fortunately, as soon as I was finished with that thought, the man found his table (which was next to the dancefloor) and sat down to eat. I nodded to myself in content and continued inhaling my food again. Unfortunately, I'd failed to notice Matthew (and his wife) looking at me with smug eyes.