Chapter 27 - Do you need friends?

POV: Leonardo

I had taken up on the demon boy's offer and used heilende flamme to fix up the broken arm (only) and any continuous, external bleeding so he didn't bleed to death. While healing him up, I expected the other boy to escape but surprisingly, he stayed and appeared as if he was waiting for some sort outburst from me. Which was quite odd in my opinion. Does he think I'm going to go off at him for the reply he gave me for the previous question? I won't lie. The answer did peeve me a bit because someone who's supposed to be some justice vigilante shouldn't just thoughts as evil as their targets. But the emotional turmoil behind his responses told me that demon boy has been through a lot and had seen enough to be this merciless. He'd seen things that could probably cause trauma and drive them to the end. So I didn't push for an explanation. It wasn't my place anyway. 

I thought learning he's a potential murderer (or maybe he had already done the deed) would be a turn-off and I'd just walk away from this interest for good. But I became more intrigued and wanted to know everything (I said I wouldn't push him now. Never said I wasn't going to try later) about this man, especially who he was. Although... my brain subconsciously kept pointing at a certain someone. Is it because they have a lot of similar qualities... or is it because I wish for it to be? I shouldn't want that though. It hurts knowing that if the person I'm thinking about went through some traumatic shite. (A/N yes it's obvious who he is referring to but I going to do it for dramatic effect anyway.)

"So... you're not rushing out today?" I was back in my chair, legs crossed and tapping against the chair's arm. Demon boy was also on the table, a little to the left of me. He was facing my direction and his legs were dangling and hitting against the oak wood. He retracted most of his magic to back, leaving behind a smooth, pale arm and his red eyes were matching the other eye's near-black iris. The seal on his neck had changed shape into a swirl with black flames surrounding it. What he didn't remove was that stupid mask placed over the bottom half of his face. The temptation to burn that off is at an all-time high. And he still has that stupid voice changing thing as well.

"No need. I don't have a powerful CEO as an enemy this time."

"I didn't attack you or even go after you last time."

"Hmmm no, you didn't. Which was surprising. Thanks for that by the way."

"I was too knackered that day to chase after someone with no guarantee of catching."

"Fair enough. I would've done the same."

We fell in surprisingly comfortable silence but my head was still buzzing. Am I seriously having a casual conversation with someone who nearly killed my employee AND someone else in front of me?... I suppose I've have had weirder things happen to me. Like my aunt giving me a lap dance... fuck why did I bring up that thought again? I'm going to puke. I tried to clear away the horrendous thought by asking a question that had been in my mind since the boy entered.

"You didn't send out the information after messing with your target this time and you seemed to beat the shit out of Chad a lot faster this time." (Chad was still unconscious and was left where he was pummelled)

Demon boy had been looking contemplative the entire time and it began to concern me. "Ah yeah. We usually don't do it like that."

"We? Oh yeah, I noticed you used us in that explanation of yourself as well."

"Us refers to me and my partner in crime. I wouldn't be able to any of this on my own. It's too large of a project. Honestly, I don't even know why I'm telling you this. This is all confidential. I guess I'm that tired huh... just don't tell my partner."