Chapter 18 - Is cardiac arrest common?

POV: Nerovsky

It's gettin' hot in here, so take off all your clothes. I am, gettin' so hot, I wanna take my cloth- WAIT NO STOP OH MY GOD STOP. Ok breathe and GET YOURSELF UNDER CONTROL. Leonardo knows that you're clearly checking him out and in fact is playing with you. He is TESTING you and PURPOSEFULLY being seductive AND IT SHOULD ILLEGAL but the world is unfair like that. The tension in the room was at an all-time high with both of us having stared at each other with attraction dancing on our faces (maybe I'm just being hopeful. He probably stares at everyone who creeps him out with that look. Not a resting bitch face. A resting sexy face) and I was embarrassed out of my mind for getting caught like this... again. But I manned up, collected my dignity and got rid of any desire for this man in my mind. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and looked at him with as much professionality as possible... which was a lot less than usual. Come on. There is a literal sex god in front of me. You can't blame me here. This ultimately broke the weird hypnotic state we were in and I used this as the first person to begin the interaction.

"Good evening sir. I'm here for our appointment?" That's right bitch. I got out of it first and got the first word in. I am still better than you.

Leonardo blinked twice before he gave me a business smile (I like his genuine frowns better than this fake bullshit) and sat down on the chair which rested by the glass. He rolled it over to the desk and leant back like it's a couch in his living room. Glad you're comfortable.

"Mr. Poston. Welcome. Have a sit. We have a lot to talk about after all."

An involuntary sigh came out and took him up on his offer with the leather chairs on the opposite side of him. "That we do unfortunately. Before we begin though, how formal is this meeting?"

Leonardo gave a small chuckle. "Considering how you're wearing a worn out hoodie and a pair of trousers, I think you answered your own question."

"Ok but like you gave no dress code so am I really at fault?" I just realised but for some reason, I get really comfortable talking to this man. I haven't stuttered once since meeting and I feel myself being myself with him. That kind of scares me.

"Yeah fair enough. I'll give you that. To answer your question however, this is a very informal meeting and you do not need to worry about keeping all that professional with me."

"Ok but like give me boundaries here. Because as you could see from yesterday, I am very different when I'm at work than out of it. Wait actually you haven't seen it. Yesterday you saw outside Nero, not professional Nero. That's mainly got to do with the shitty day I had and my tolerance being at an all time low. I'm not usually like that. Speaking of which, can I swear? Do I call you sir? Boss sir?"

Leo stayed silent for 5 seconds and gazed at me with a fascinated smirk. "You're rambling."

I flushed the tinniest bit of red and grumbled. "Shut up and answer the question."

The assholey smirk widened. "There is no boundaries. Consider this as a meet up with a friend. You may talk with your outside persona. Swearing is allowed. Never call me boss sir. Seriously what the hell is that? You can call me Leo. In doing so, it makes it easier to explain everything without additional thinking on how to say it."

Friends are we? I feel like that's something be honoured about. I leant back and slightly slid down the leather chair. "Oh thank fuck. Even doing that is draining."

The smug smirk was back on Leo's face. Uh oh. "Plus... I don't think someone bluntly checks out their boss in a formal context."

I sputtered indignant and embarrassed noises and then rolled my eyes to create an outward appearance of your-words-mean-jack-to-me. "Yeah well you know you're hot and I can bet my ass that you get a lot more worse looks in a formal context. Also you totally goaded me to continue longer."