Chapter 10 - Will you forgive me?

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Oddity (Noun): Magic or power possessed by 0.5% of the world's human population, making them rare and extremely valuable. (They work similarly to quirks in BNHA). The world knows about them (it's not a secret) so society functions around them as well as normal humans

-------------------

POV: Nerovsky

I was sitting in conference room 4 with a finished Pad Thai plate in front of me and my soon-to-be-ex-boss laughing his ass off next to me. Like he was full-on hysteric and completely losing his shit. I had just finished explaining the reason for my whack behaviour and oh boy. He really did try to hold it back but he just couldn't and completely lost it halfway through. It'd been 7 minutes and he was still losing it. I'd just been sitting here for 7 minutes, finishing off my Pad Thai – which was delivered by one of the staff members after a request from Matthew – in complete silence. I'm glad there are now two people who enjoying my sufferings. Speaking of which...

"Hey, Matthew. While you completely lost your sh- mind over what I told you WHICH ISN'T FUNNY, I'm just going to call someone. Just don't think I usually talk to people like the way I'm going to talk to this bas- friend."

Matthew – still wheezing – continued laughing. IT'S NOT THAT FUNNY. With that thought in mind, I called Assden and after the second ring, I heard the click of the call being picked up. As soon as the fucktard greeted, "NERO! How's work?" I said what I needed to say

"You know Aiden... I know where you live..."

"... yes you do Nero..."

"I also know everything about you..."

"Unfortunately that is the case. Where are you going with this?"

"Since I am the only nice friend in this relationship-"

"HEY! I'm ni-"

"I'm going to be warning you ahead of time that you are dead to me and soon, you're going to be dead to this world. When and how I'm going to murder you will not be information you will get. It could be when you're asleep. It could be when you're awake."

"Ah, now I see where this is going. I take it you remember the details of last night and who you picked a fight with. You get the reason for my reaction last night then. Also for the record, I just told you to get one drink, not talk to some not-stranger stranger. I also didn't tell you to get hammered. So none of this is my fault. In fact, I'm a great friend for pulling you out early."

I ignored his comment completely and proceeded to tell him how I'm going to torture him before I killed him in the most gruesome and terrifying way possible (A/N use your imagination on the different torture devices and methods he will use. If I did it, it would not be a PG friendly story). By the time I finished, Matthew had stopped laughing and he looks scared shitless. His eyes were dilated and his skin paled a bit. I gave him a small smirk and waited patiently for the response on the other end of the phone.

"... I- I- I'M SORRY MAN. FORGIVE ME. DON'T KILL ME. I just thought it'd be funny if I didn't tell you who it was and you proceeded work under him without knowing you roasted the damn guy. I had no clue you were going to actually remember. You usually don't remember unless the same object reappears in front of you and you're working well under him so I thought you guys would never meet face-to-face."

"All the new employees had to meet him and introduce themselves."

"... oh. WELL HOW WAS I MEANT TO KNOW THAT? I WOULD'VE TOLD YOU IF I KNEW!"

"You're an asshole who deserves disappear from my world. I expect the spare keys to my apartment in my mailbox by the time I get home."

"Wait Nero you're not ser-"