Chapter 73 - Where is the champaign?

Note:

Hello, so I'm kind of having a writer's block/slump so I haven't been writing for a while. On top of that, classes are going to start soon and it's been kind of hectic organising everything. So I'm here to say that I probably won't be posting for a while. I know, I'm sorry. I have by no means dropped the story. I will see it to its end... till its end... whatever the saying is. I'll keep writing once I get the time and my mind is in its mindset to write. Once again, apologies and please try to stick with me :D

Also, my "editors" ditched me so it's back to Grammarly only edits 

--------------------------------

"I hate you."

"Is that really something you say to your grandpa at his birthday party?" George asked me with amusement.

"You deserve it."

George chuckled at my pouting and exhaustion. "And why is that?"

Because I couldn't find your ninja ass, which lead to unwanted interactions with my half-blood brothers which put me in a weirder position with my current boss. But I couldn't say all that, so I said, "just because," and took a sip of my whiskey. The party was surprisingly well catered. I asked for straight absinthe as a joke and they were going to retrieve it, so I quickly changed it to whiskey.

"Just because?" George repeated dubiously.

"Yes."

We just stared at each other, with gramps trying to prompt me to spill but I refused. "Where the fuck were you anyway? I've been looking for you since I came to this damn place and I'm pretty sure I've looked here about three times before. You playing ninja or something?"

We were situated at the side of the ballroom, where there was the least human traffic. In fact, it was just me, gramps, Alfie and Mary who were standing together with only two other couples nearby.

"Don't swear at your grandpa Aiden!" Mary scolded but I ignored it with a wave of my hand. A vein popped out of her forehead and she looked ready to whip out a slipper but George's chortle stopped her.

"It's alright Mary, I've grown used to Aido's foul mouth. Even bleach wouldn't be able to remove the dirt and grime in there. And I have not been playing ninja, I've been busy reintroducing, introducing, catching up and entertaining the guests, like a Troph should be doing."

"Well, I'm glad to be a Hendrix in the case," I murmured to myself.

"What?"

"I said good on ya, at least you're enjoying your birthday party."

"You didn't say that," George said unimpressively.

"No, I didn't," I said mischievously. George's eye-rolled.

"Sorry for cutting in," said Alfie with an intrigued tone, "but what do you mean by earlier when you say you got used to his foul tone. From what I can recall, you two did not interact much throughout Aiden's stay."

I panicked internally when George looked at me with a frown and then back at Alfie.

"You don't know? Aiden has been visiting me at least once a month for years now," George informed. Alfred's emotion turned into shock before it was back to its blank slate.

George further enquired on the topic. "Aiden, did you not tell Alfred or your brothers? You said you guys talk occasionally, so I assumed it would pop up eventually."

The married couple's foreheads furrowed in mild confusion and I did my best to non-verbally tell them to play the fuck along.

I laughed awkwardly. "I do talk to them but I guess the topic never came up because I forgot that they didn't know? I just presumed that they knew from the start, isn't that right Alfie?" I smiled forcefully.