Chapter 76 - Didn't your mother teach you manners?

POV: 3rd person

Aiden could forever admire the flabbergasted looks on his bullies' faces, especially Marcel's. It was not a common occurrence he could tell you that much. The previous conversation of assassination had been completely forgotten, with the new discovery being much more important.

The fog was slowly clearing up, further highlighting their faces. The expensive-looking men all stand and stared at their half-brother for a solid two minutes and by the end of it, Aiden was bored (and beginning to really sober up) so he broke them out of his stupor.

"Are you guys just gonna stare or ask me questions or nothing? Because I really wanna go home and if being hit by Medusa is the game you wanna play, then imma go now."

Marcel was the first one to twitch and in an undignified fashion, blurted out his thoughts. "You have an Oddity?"

"Fucking finally. Yes, yes I do. I don't think humans can naturally generate electricity other than static."

"B-But that's i-impossible," Alex exclaimed, rudely pointing his finger at me.

Aiden whacked the finger down and Alex got zapped a bit, startling backwards. Neither of the brothers went to check on him, choosing to stare at the wound and Alex looked for any scarring. "Don't point at people, didn't your mother teach you manners? And it's not impossible. Why would it be impossible?"

"Because you're born with it?" Bradley said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Well, it was.

"Yeah... your point is..?"

"You weren't born with it!" This time Bradley pointed his finger at me, so the blue-haired man went to whack-zap it but he quickly pulled it away with a hint of fear in his eyes. A lovely sight.

"Uh, yeah I was. You can't get Oddities with any other sort of method."

"B-But we- you never exhibited when you came to age"

"That's because I was a late bloomer and even after I got it, at that point, I stopped caring about your opinions and wanted to get out of the house. This secret is the only thing I had to myself and if I were to expose, god knows what you guys would've done with me. I would've been treated worse than a lab rat." The silence from the three brothers was enough to tell Aiden that he was on the mark.

"Anyway," Aiden continued, "don't you think my power is cool? I think electricity is pretty sick, at the very least it's cooler than Bradley's, who can just form clouds with different properties. Although, I still dream of having Poseidon by my side. Hopefully, that'll be in a different lifetime."

Aiden's unconcerned and laid back attitude got Alex to open and close his mouth, hoping for words to come out. The revelation that Marcel had a powerful pawn by his side all those years ago and he let it go hit hard as he scolded himself. The insult against Bradley's power got him all red-faced again and he shot a cloud in the shape of the arrow at his half-brother's direction.

It ticked off Aiden even more and therefore, he materialised a bolt of light blue lightning and strikes down on the harden cloud, leaving behind mist. He didn't need to take such drastic measures to counter, but he wanted to scare them a little and it proved to be effective.

All of the purple-headed men jumped back a metre, stance in a defensive position. They looked at the sparking rod of electricity with awe and fear as Aiden twirled it once before throwing it into the sky. It disappeared into the night sky, with the only thing notifying ever going there was a single flash of light.

"I will say it once more," Aiden darkly warned as he locked eyes with Bradley, "I'm not in the mood to fight you in any way, shape or form. So if discovering that I can electrocute you with my hands is going to cause some sort of argument or physical fight, I recommend leaving me alone for the rest of the night. After all, you guys have a reputation to uphold, guests to entertain, and I'm on the verge of being completely sober. It seems interacting with you guys in any way tends to speed up the process. Now do me a favour and you know, leave."