Chapter 45 - Can't a man catch a break sometimes?

Note:

- Back to some action... maybe idk we will see

- Also do keep in mind I write these quite late at night so I'm drunk of sleep deprivation at that point and ability to point out errors is compromised. Forgive me.

- I'm also confused how I got 500 reads but THANK YOU FOR READING THIS WORD VOMIT <3

--------------

POV: Nerovsky

Exactly one week later...

Man, I was tired. Today was one of those days where there was no rest for the weary or the strong. It was hectic from the first minute in. This was due to the event that was going on with our messaging services and the temporary blackout of the office. It put everything behind schedule and everyone was essentially scurrying around to finish up on time. Needless to say, no one finished on time.

It was also due to this fact that I was really vibing with my chill playlist, blasted through the speakers as I cruised back home. Being inside all day really made me appreciate the trees growing along the sidewalks or appreciate any parks that were fitted among the grayscale buildings. The active appreciation not only made me aware of my surroundings but it helped me stay awake and not totalling over. Although, I was shocked the soft playing music hadn't put me to sleep land. My body did wonders sometimes. Wait no actually, there was another reason why I hadn't lost consciousness.

That would be because of Leonardo Covell. He was on a business trip so he was partly the cause of the chaotic day but that's not the point. This man had single handedly fucked me over these past couple of months, either intentionally or unintentionally and all he did was either stand close to me or just breathe. Very close to me. Oh, and he tried to kiss me like three fucking times. His actions were more confusing than a nine sided Rubik's cube. No, more confusing than a girl on her period. No, more confusing than Aiden trying to retell a story. And that's on a new level of confusing. I'm pretty good at reading people if I do say so myself but Leo seemed to be made out of some alien transcript because no matter how hard I try, I could not figure this guy out whatsoever. I don't know what he wants. Was he being serious with me? Was he playing me? Did he know about my crush? Did he have a crush on me? He was not allowed to. I wanted to confront him but I was terrified of losing what we already have and making it awkward.

Obviously, there was the possibility that he wanted what I wanted, which was like a dream come true. But it's a dream I could not have. I was not allowed to have. He didn't deserve someone like me. He deserved someone better. Someone who wasn't broken with a million issues weighing on them every day. 

Wow, that got depressing real quick.

Luckily, I pulled up to my parking spot in the underground garage, so all self-deprecating thoughts were washed away and the only thoughts running through my head was how a hot bath was all I wanted today. All was well and dandy until I got to my front door and I was reaching for the keys. This was due to my phone going off. My night job phone. God literally enjoys watching me in pain. Like he's so bored, he will pick on me and only me to kill time.

With my signature sigh, I picked up the phone and gave a dull, "what."

"Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

My tolerance was already on the verge of breaking. "Aiden seriously, not now. I just had one of the most exhausting days alive. Why'd you call?"

"Yeah, you're right. This is an emergency. Like seriously urgent. I need you to move, pronto." I heard a fast wind through speakers, meaning that the blue-haired man was on the move.