Chapter 54 - Shall we tango?

Note:

- I should say this but the reason I don't edit because it takes too much time and I'm already procrastinating as it is. I don't have any other people editing mainly because I haven't told any of my friends (except for like 2) about my story writing thing . But yeah, I know there are mistakes throughout but it's just too time consuming. 

- I'm not meant to be here. I have exams soon. I need help.

- Image is the vibe and mood for last chapter lmao

------------------

POV: Aiden

After my greeting, the room went dead silent with a pale actress gaping at me and a tied up CEO looking at me with sheer surprise. If the context were unknown and I just happened to run into them, you'd be think they're indulging themselves in some kinky plays by the missing buttons on Erwin's shirt (where was the blazer?) and Wendy's half-unbuttoned shirt, semi-exposing her underwear. But I do know the context and something told me I crashed this party at the right time. Since no one was speaking, I decided to take the reins and insert completely unnecessary commentary.

"Well that was easier than I thought. I didn't really think she'd be keeping you here because that'd be really fucking obvious. Like I honestly was looking for some further clues and playing Sherlock a bit longer but I guess lady luck was feeling nice. Or maybe not because I was really enjoying playing detective. It's quite unfortunate. Anyway, you're not dead or poisoned, right boss? Wait that's a stupid question. But still, you're not like, dying from like a slow acting poison or some shit, are you?"

The other man just rudely ignored my question and asked his question, clearly declaring that his question was much more important than mine. "Why the hell are you here?" The question wasn't even worthy of asking or answering. Is it not fucking obvious? 

I answered it anyway since there's no point in pestering a tied up guy. It made me feel like a bully. "I mean, it should be quite obvious why I'm here. It's to save your ass and bring you home, well to your office. Would be kind of creepy if I knew where you lived."

Even though I answered the question, Erwin still looked lost, having no idea what the fuck was going on right now. It was amusing seeing your cool and serious boss all flustered and bemused like that. I savoured the memory a little to save for a later date, in case I needed a laugh at something to cheer myself up. In the same disbelieving tone, he further questioned, "Wha- How did you find me? And where are the others?"

Another stupid question. I sighed and picked at me ear with my pinkie, giving him a bored expression to express how stupid and boring his question was. "I found you through my problem solving skills that are levelled to max level and what others? It's just me."

"You didn't call for reinforcements? Police?"

"Has she drugged you stupid? Of course I didn't call for reinforcement, especially the police. You of all people should know why. Can you answer my question now, Mr. I'm-shit-at-asking-good-and-interesting-questions? Honestly, the DISRESPECT."

"Why you–"

All of a sudden, small wave of water came towards me and my reflexes barely allowed me to jump to the side and avoid the hit. I looked at the actress to glare at her and boy, oh boy did she look hysterical. A growl originated from her throat and her eyes were fucking wild, like she was ready to rip me apart with her mouth alone. She apparently was not that crass because she just opted into just calling forward some water out of thin air (A/N I don't actually agree with making shit out of thin air but we're going along with it to make my life a lot easier) and holding it steady in her hand, ready to repeat the previous action if necessary. She proceeded to snarl out, "What are you doing here Aiden?"