Eleven

“Just one kiss!”

          I slapped both of my hands one on top of the other, over my mouth and scrunched my nose up at Cody, before turning around and making sure my back was facing him. Is this what always happens after a show when the adrenaline is still in him?

          But that’s not the point!

          Would you kiss Cody? You would, right? Me either.

          But would you do it if there were whipped cream all over his face?! Like literally, traced along his eyebrows, down his nose, covering his cheeks and obviously all over his mouth?! Yeah, if you would do it, oh gosh, just know it I never would, even if kissing him were to be the only way to save my life!

          “Come on, baby. Don’t make me rub it on your hair,” he mumbled through the whipped cream all around his lips making me shriek. My heart just, began exercising. I quickly spun around, only to find him lowering his face down on mine like he said he would, making my eyes grow wide.

          “Go away!” I yelped as I turned back around, spotting Alli texting on her phone at the side of the stage, in the corner of my eyes. Bingo, I thought, running over to her. “Alli, Alli! Girl, you have to help me.”

          She tore her gaze away from her phone and looked up at me with a confused expression, “Yeah?”

          “I need you to be my shield. Your brother’s threatening m―”

          “There’s only one way to fix that,” her blue, sparkly eyes glistened with mischief as she shot me a little smirk; locking her phone and shoving it into her pocket. Then she drew in a deep breath, and my curiosity couldn’t have grown more. “TOM!” She yelled at the top of her lungs, making me stare.

          ………what just―what just happened?

          What in the heck? What’s she doing? What does Tom have to do with this? I shook every thought and question away and hid behind Alli, making sure I could eye Cody, who was leaning against one of the door frames with his arms crossed tightly across his chest, looking back at me emotionless, from where I was standing at.

          Not to mention how obvious his muscles were showing them selves off.

          But anyway, that’s not the point. I think he couldn’t hear us.

          “What, Alli?” Tom asked the moment he entered the room. He had an eyebrow raised, like he was forced to leave something he was doing (watching Spongebob, really) to come out here. Alli simply shrugged her shoulders, probably with a smirk on her face, but I don’t know because I couldn’t see her from here. She stretched an arm out and pointed at Cody.

          Oh, crap. Now I know where this was going.

          “WHIPPED CREAM,” Tom screamed with his eyes wide open, seeming like he was going to smile as he turned to Cody, facing him fully. Oh, my gosh. My hand reached up naturally, to clasp over my mouth. I know this. I know this.

          Tom’s totally going to lick the whipped cream off Cody’s face!

          “Let me lick it off, Cody!” Tom excitedly exclaimed, taking off towards Cody who was getting ready to make a run to save his life. Well, yeah. Alli’s always here to save the day with the help of Tom, all right. I struggled to hide a laugh from leaving my throat, just by watching Cody running all over the little empty space in the room.

          “Tom, let go of me!” Cody (actually) squealed, making me and Alli burst out laughing at once. I’ve never heard Cody squeal in all my life! In the period of time in my life that I had gotten to know him, that is. My stomach was beginning to hurt from how much I was laughing already. “Tom, I have sweat on my face, do you really want to lick that off, too?!”