Twenty

“Just sit down, Mer! You’re driving my head ‘round and around,” grumbled Alli in amusement.

          “I can’t,” I began excitedly slapping my palms over my thighs, “I haven’t met her! It’s almost the end of day one and I’m about to meet her, oh gosh, I just can’t help it! Oh, what if we knew each other? What if we become best friends? What if―”

          “Okay, Mer,” Alli flatly started, cutting me off, “you two will become best friends. You two must have met each other last time. You two are meeting soon, and you are going to diss,” she ran her hands down her sides, showing me her whole figure, “me. Fine, fine, run away to your new best friend. Leave me… hanging on alone… quietly… ohhh,” a dramatically heaved sigh left her mouth, sending me into a fit of laughter.

          She may be all dramatic and kidding, but she really isn’t serious. She likes tricking people into thinking that she’s serious just to see her reactions and so far―it has only worked on people she’d just met.

          “You know I won’t leave you,” I plopped down on the sofa next to her, “you’re too precious and sexy for me to leave! What a waste it would be for me to leave you,” I played along, dropping my head on her shoulder, “I love youuuuuu.”

          She shrugged my head off her shoulder, letting out a laugh just as I did as well, “Okay, Mer, that’s just gross. God, you have the smartest brain ever. Why don’t you ever fall for that?”

          “Because I know you long enough to figure out the way you are. And, F-Y-I, that’s also because, yes, I am a smart to the power of two, girl,” I grinned, jumping up from the couch just as Matt entered the room, followed by Cody and a few seconds later, a blonde girl who kept her head down the whole time even until she stopped right behind Cody.

          Which means I had some serious trouble trying to look at her face, trying to find out if I knew her from somewhere, or not. I kept bending over and peering over at her but it seems like, the more I would try, the more she would shield her face away from me. I wonder why?

          However, as I kept my gaze steady on the muscular blond-haired guy, the questions in my head regarding the fan slowly faded and vanished as the urge inside of me to hug Cody was overcoming my determination of trying to figure out how that fan looked like. I grinned at Cody when I noticed that he had been staring at me with a little toothless smile.

          He was still panting, and his usual light brown eyes were darker at the moment, but it’s only because the adrenaline inside of him was still high and that he could do whatever the hell he wanted in the world, but was controlling himself a lot.

          I wonder why. Again?

          Shaking my head, my thoughts were erased when Alli draped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me towards that shy (question mark) fan that wouldn’t raise her head. Well, it wouldn’t surprise me if she turned out to be someone I knew, considering I know of many shy girls, ah.

          “Hey!” Alli chirped cheerfully, trying very hard to catch her attention (but to no avail). “You’re Kelsey, right?”

          “Yeah,” she quietly answered, still with her head hanging low.

          I narrowed my eyes as my palms slowly made their way up my hips for a rest. Somehow, something about her twitched a nerve in me. She looked somewhat familiar… and she evidently didn’t speak with her real voice. She was faking it. Hell, the more I observed her the more I realized that she was faking everything about her. Maybe that’s why she didn’t want to look up!