Twelve

“I can’t believe he’s so clueless,” Alli muttered under her breath, glaring at Cody in the corners of her eyes as she crossed her arms tightly over her chest.

          I was feeling neutral right by her side, and was glad her fury wasn’t contagious because right about now, I wouldn’t just be mad. I’d probably be sad, and sobbing.

          “Alli, it’s fine. Just let him be. Let them be. She’s a huge fan, and she seems like a sweetheart; you can tell. Don’t worry.” I assured, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

          See, the thing is, we ― Cody, Alli and I ― were all hanging out in the dressing room with a huge fan of Cody’s, whose name I heard was Mikayla, who had managed to get the last minute “VIP hangout sesh with Cody” ticket.

          There should be more people, but I heard she’d “refunded” their money so she could hangout with Cody alone.

          What.

          But I still didn’t bother. And right now, Cody and her were getting very into the topic they’re talking about, which I still don’t mind but what annoyed me was how much of an outcast Alli and I felt like. We promise, we didn’t want to stay here, but Cody forced us to.

          I never knew he’d do that, but yeah.

          Alli let out a sigh of annoyance and lowered her head on my shoulder.

          Times like that makes me feel really happy because Alli feels just like a sister to me and I like the feeling of that. I’ve never understood how it feels like to be a sister or have one, I’m pretty much deprived of that so getting to know how one of it feels is just cool, really.

          “I just feel bad for you, Mer. I mean, she’s over there blinking her fake eyelashes off, and trying to seduce your boyfriend but he doesn’t even notice. And you, his girlfriend is just sitting here, looking at everything happening. I just feel like it’s so unfair, you know?”

          I admit I didn’t completely understand her, but I did get what she was trying to say. To be honest, I don’t feel anything at all, actually. I trust Cody.

          That’s the key point to a relationship, isn’t it? Trust. I believe he wouldn’t do me wrong so I don’t really understand why Alli’s fussing about this.

          Then again, it’s Alli. Her perseverance, insistent and never say die attitude just explains it all. Really.

          “Alli, just drop this. I believe he knows what he’s doi―”

          “Really!” Mikayla interrupted, bursting into a fit of high-pitched, annoying giggles, catching both Alli’s attention and mine.

          This is really cliché.

          It couldn’t have gone any more than that, to be honest. Like in every movie or book, there will be this annoying girl who has a voice that’s pitched as high as a chipmunk and usually, that’s the bad person.

          Not that I’m accusing her or implying on anything, I’m just… Well, I’m just saying. Or rather, explaining, whatever.

          My heart was wrenching for some reason that I just don’t get.

          We averted our gazes onto her and Cody, and watched as Cody nodded; his blond hair bouncing lightly from how many times he was nodding. He looked like he was laughing, either. Well, he seems like he’s having the time of his life.