Seven

You know what’s the biggest mistake I’d made the next day? It was opening the house door, fake smiling at Chelsea and allowing her into the house.

          I mean it; it was the biggest mistake yet.

          So after two long, agonizing hours that seemed practically like forever, I’m down here―or rather, we are down here having a conversation; not really me, though, since she’s been the one yapping away all these time.

          To say I’m annoyed would definitely be an understatement because I’m more than just ready to pull all of my hair out already. I mean, in the past I wouldn’t have thought about mean stuff like that but ever since she came back, she just got on my nerves. It’s just like a simple, little snap―and besides; it’s pretty obvious she doesn’t really like me much anymore.

          She’s changed for the worse. But people grow, and she just went the wrong way.

          “I mean, come on, right? It’s my hair! I want it the way I want it, you know?” She let out a growl and rolled her eyes, showing just how furious she was before sighing, one of her hands making its way onto my lap.

          Cautiously and inconspicuously, I eyed her hand before looking up to meet her eyes. They looked just like the ones I used to know―besides the fact that I knew deep down she was faking this facial expression. God, what happened to this girl? I would really love to know. Flashing me a small, soft smile, she flipped her hair over her shoulder, “I’m glad we’re in touch again. And, I’m glad we could have conversations like that like the past.”

          I shot her back a smile, despite the urge in me to scream “No! We never had such conversations in the past! Nothing was about hair; nothing was about clothes; nothing was about manicures and pedicures; nothing was about boys and sex and love! Everything was about nature, beaches, books and television programs!”

          “So,” she pulled her hand back, making me heave a relieved sigh, silently, leaning back on the couch and taking a sip out of her hot coffee. The Chelsea I used to know detested coffee with all her might. Tastes change, but this is too drastic, all right. “How’s your life been? Must be great, since your new pretty little boy is one of Aussie’s biggest pop stars, aye?” And at that moment, I swear I saw her eyes flash with something like...

          I’m assuming it’s jealousy since I couldn’t read it and based on how she threw herself on Cody in the mall.

          Shudder.

          But it’s funny, because I’m mad and disgusted at the same time. Though, it’s normal having such a reaction, right? Definitely.

          “Wait, did you just say pretty little boy?” I absentmindedly blurted a few seconds before snapping out of my thoughts, realizing what I’d just said and chewing on my lower lip as I gave myself a huge face-palm internally. I can be so dumb sometimes… Geez, it hurts being dumb.

          I watched as she slowly turned to face me, a little smirk playing on her face and her eyebrows raised high enough, looking amused. I had a feeling she knew what I was thinking about… But she just didn’t want to say it aloud. “Why, yes. I address boy toys as pretty little boys. You have a problem with that?”

          And then something in me snapped, and I was no longer collected. She just pulled my last straw…and I hope she knows that because it isn’t a good thing. Cody isn’t my boy toy. He’s my friend. I’m not a slut like she is. God, she pushed my limit so far… I just wanted to slap her right then and there. But, you know, I wasn’t brought up that way. “You are such a bitch,” I said, although my voice was practically inaudible.