Five

Basically, tonight was great.

          I reached home a little over eleven at night but it’s all right, because my curfew was normally, the latest, eleven-thirty and that meant I haven’t broken Mom’s rule. Besides, we were playing, having fun―around the small bonfire.

          Yes, bonfire and it was so much fun trying to start the fire.

          One; because the guys couldn’t ignite it which made Alli and I laugh. We knew they were trying, but they were they screamed here and there, and everywhere, it was just too funny resisting laughing. I did, however, envied their determination.

          Two; they panicked all throughout. Three; all of us had to run into the woods nearby to collect tree branches.

          If it were to be me trying to do so, I would’ve given up on the third try.

          They tried for a good twelve times because of the wind and lack of wooden sticks before all of us sat around the fire on big wooden logs, accepting the welcoming warmth that radiated off the fire like the sun radiating heat waves.

          Well, it’s the same thing…right?

          But anyway, my character shows just how determined I am to survive my cancer. If I’m not one that’s determined, that means I wouldn’t be determined in whatever I do.

          Because, like I’d said, I don’t try hard enough and most of the time, that doesn’t really help me much in my life.

          I haven’t told anyone about my cancer because I was afraid they were going to judge. I know they wouldn’t judge me negatively, but I just didn’t want to be the fresh, new gossip around them when I’m not around.

          Just knowing that there are people talking behind my back hurts me to the extent where sometimes, I just feel like crying for eternity, whether I was still hydrated or not―but if I weren’t hydrated anymore, I’d be dead.

          And, by then, I doubt I’d still have worries.

          You might be wondering why I take this seriously because in life it’s just a matter of time and at which point where it will come in, but my life has been destined to be shorter than others… and that’s why I didn’t want drama now, or then when I’m gone.

          If I didn’t want to take chemotherapy, that meant I was going to pass on earlier and I my cancer wouldn’t be cured, so within this short period of time, why don’t I live a drama-free life?

          I mean, it’s not like there’s a point in having a dramatic and chaotic life, right?

          Sure, it might be fun and not dull, but it does harm and that’s all everybody needs to know. . . for real.

          Sighing, I lay myself down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. What would all of whom I’d spent my day today with, do, when I’m gone? Cry?

          I wasn’t even close with them, so they might not. Who would cry over the death of someone who’s practically a stranger? Huh. But, maybe they would because I’m a fan. And, we’d had a fun time together, once, before.

          Pray? I think they would. After all, all of them were nice people and they sent their prayers out to everybody, even countries, that deserved them.

          I sighed again.

          I would never look forward to that day. Ever.