Two

BAM.

         And just like that, three days have gone by as freely as the wind, and here I was... In the airport… Waiting for my one and only idol, Cody Robert Simpson.

          Yes, I had nothing better to do. And yes, it’s lucky I had nothing to do because the time I woke up (exactly on the dot, six in the morning. And no, I am definitely not a morning person) my heart started beating in an extreme speed, intuitively.

          I sensed a day with much in store for me…and I was definitely uncertain of it being a fact. Just saying, it might not be true, though. Plus, it might turn out exactly the opposite where I’ll embarrass myself in front of everyone in the airport terminal, and most importantly, my idol.

         Geez. The feeling already freaked me the heck out.

         I turned my head to look at the clock hanging down from the ceiling and accidentally swept my eyes across the whole room of blondies.

          Some were sitting down on the ground with bandanas around their heads with the words ‘#ProudAngelRightHere’; some were carrying huge plastic boards with decorative words and pictures of Cody himself on them; some were screaming and cheering while waiting for Cody’s arrival, which was in less than ten minutes; some were hyperventilating-slash-crying their lungs-slash-hearts out (I’m sure Cody would go all, ‘Girl, don’t you cry your heart out.’) but we all know they’re just overly-excited about meeting Cody, eh?

          Lastly, most were talking among each other and shooting glances at the arrival hall. And people like me… Well, since I’m all alone, I was just standing and looking around.

          I mean, what’s there to do while waiting? My heart felt like it was ready to surge out from my chest any second now; my legs were turning into jello because of how anxious-slash-nervous-slash-excited I was and my hands were in a minor trembling state―if that even made sense.

          In simpler words, if I stood still…which will definitely never happen, I would fidget a little more than just a lot.

         I was a nanosecond away from squeezing my eyes shut to stifle a stretch while I yawned, when a scream shot through my ears and stung me deeply, resulting in me jumping in shock and my eyes flying open the next second.

          Another, and another then followed the scream, and the last one, and now every single girl around me was screaming in a chorus.

         And it only meant one thing: Cody has arrived.

         By the time I looked around and craned my neck to look behind me, every girl was trying their best to squeeze their way forward, making me look like I was sandwiched by several of them. And since I was a tad claustrophobic, I began having difficulty to breathe.

         Desperately gasping for more air to enter my lungs, I squeezed my way to the back where the area was emptier and thousand times more airy. Without looking up, I took a few steps forward and doubled over, reaching my hand up to clutch my chest while I coughed away the pre-cursor to suffocation.

         I was coughing―until my head banged against something hard. It was softer than wall, yet harder than human.

          I swallowed my coughs and swear I nearly choked on them, but I managed to keep still and steady myself before straightening myself up to say sorry. I let out a steady sigh and gulped hard in attempt to push the coughs down.