Nineteen

“Oh, who knows? You two could be the best of friends,” Alli suggested, lifting an eyebrow when I shot her a glare, letting her know that I’d rather have her annoy me than be best friends with someone who gave me the feeling of uneasiness.

          “Seriously though, Mer, why are you making a big fuss over this? I bet she’ll be nice, probably as nice as you, if not slightly feistier, and you two would get along just well,” Matt added on right after Alli, making me slump on my shoulders.

          They were being too positive about this. Why, though? I just couldn’t stop asking myself that question―something I do when I’m either irritated, or paranoid.

          Which on this case, has obviously got to be that I’m extremely, extremely paranoid. And what's worse, paranoid over the smallest thing possible.

          Then again, maybe their positivity came from the fact that they didn’t know something I knew, which was coming.

          Could it be?

          I mean, I have seen a movie (I don’t even know if it’s a dream now) where the sick patient could sense incoming events or stuff like that. And I’m ill…

          Oh, gosh, I have to stop allowing all these thoughts wander off further and further into the back of my mind.

          “I just,” I breathed out, spinning around to face both of Alli and Matt, “I usually sense bad things coming…and more than half the time, they really do come true, and I just really honestly can’t help worrying about it, and dwelling on it. It’s like I’m psychic or something or something.”

          And it wasn’t a complete lie. I mean, it’s not as dramatic as That’s So Raven but, I base these events on my instincts, not my visions. I don’t know how she does that…

          And maybe I’m the only who doesn’t know, and I’m sidetracking.

          “Mer,” someone snapped their fingers before my face, at the very same time snapping me out of all my thoughts. Maybe I need more practice at timing wise when I'm up to zone myself out to space. . .

          “Yeah, what?” I looked up to face Alli, who was staring right back at me with a look of amusement. I don’t see how I can be amusing at the moment? Really.

          “You worry too much,” she stated with a chuckle, giving me a shake of her head. “Let’s just live up to the moment, and throw all worries away―”

          “Alli,” I sharply inhaled, forgetting about everything around me, “I can’t do that. I’m not as healthy as you are, I have canc―” I stopped midway when I realized that Alli wasn’t just the only one in the room.

          Heck, Matt was in the room with the both of us either, and he didn’t, and doesn’t know about the fact that I’m ill.

          Alli had her mouth hung open, probably as terrified as I was at the moment, but she couldn’t do anything about it, like me, because the main thing is, she wasn’t suffering from what I was; even if we were to get into trouble, I’d be the one in the depths of poo.

          I didn’t have the guts in me to turn to look at Matt, in case he’d found anything suspicious about my words (which I’m pretty damn sure he found uber fishy, ugh) so I counted on the corners of my eyes to do all the looking.

          Oh, God, I wish he wouldn’t want me to carry on speaking, I wouldn’t know what to do.

          “Merinda, what did you just say? Continue, did you say you have cans of drinks or something?” He cluelessly questioned, throwing a popcorn into his mouth as he raised his eyebrows, awaiting for the rest of the sentence to leave my mouth.