Twenty-three

I didn't know how to feel at the sight in front of me to be honest. I really, really don't.

          I thought Cody wasn't too fond of Chelsea? So, why is he holding her so close to his body and with his arms wrapped affectionately around her?

          Because, pardon my sudden bitchy side but if he really did hate her, he was really showing off that hate towards her in a rather unthinkable, weird, stupid and unbelievable way.

          "What's going on, Cody?" I questioned thoughtfully (I really seriously attempted), trying to hide even the slightest bit of jealousy and bitchiness from my words to Cody. I even forced my arms behind my back so that I wouldn't suddenly cross them over my chest over rashness.

          His eyes snapped up to meet mine, and I bit on my tongue to hold back the venomous words threatening to leave my mouth straight away. Damn, was it difficult as heck.

          He tried eyeing me from places to places like from me, to the sobbing figure in his arms, then to me and then jerking his head slightly very carefully to gesture to himself. He was trying hard, but as sorry as I am to admit, I didn't get a single thing.

          What, I mouthed at him.

          He gave out a loud sigh and was a second away from speaking when the figure from his arms pried his hands off of her and took a small, stumbling step backwards. Wow, she can act! Why am I not surprised.

          She didn't glance back at me, but I know she did for a second at the corner of her eyes before looking up to face Cody, still allowing silent hiccups to slip right out of her mouth. I held back a roll of my eyes.

          "N-No, it's o-okay, Cody. I-I get it. I'll just―I'll just re-return to the h-hotel myself," she sobbed pathetically, before turning around to walk away, but only to be stopped by Cody reaching out to grab her forearm to bring her back into his warm embrace, the one that (I) should be in.

          "No, shh, I'll bring you back. Just stop crying, angel, you won't look beautiful anymore," Cody cooed, rubbing his hand gently up and down her back, the other one cupping the back of her head perfectly, running his thumb over a little part of her hair.

          At this moment, there are only four words I could think of: That should be me.

          Was he being serious?

          I kept asking myself the same question over and over again, wondering how my boyfriend could comfort another girl, one that I detested and supposedly him too, right before my eyes―his girlfriend―and still be so collected about it when I'm down here allowing my blood to boil in jealousy, fury, sadness, but most of all?

          Hurt.

          “I’ll tell you later,” he murmured into my ear while pressing a kiss onto my cheek as he walked past me, easily balancing out the girl in his arms as they made their way towards the exit of the club, leaving me feeling stranded and all alone, literally.

          What could have possibly happened to Chelsea that she had to cry and throw herself into Cody’s arms? What? Seriously, what? No matter how hard I tried to think of a possibility, any possibility, nothing could answer that question floating freely in my head, and it was beginning to get on my nerves.

          “You okay?” Jaden’s voice snapped me out it, and my head instinctively raised up to face him. “You know, I saw everything. If you want, I’ll explain it to you?”