Cruel Truth

She loved him and he loved her but it wasn't that simple.

•|•|•|•|•

I made my way to Chris. I know I was taking a huge risk but I had to find out what happened. I didn't want to believe Kath was killed. I met Chris outside. "Good morning Chris, do you know who Kath's doctor was? Which hospital he works at?" I asked hurriedly.

"Yes but why are you asking?" Chris answered confused.

"Something is wrong, the story behind Kath's death is fishy" I whispered to him, "I will explain but I need you to come with me". Chris nodded and followed me to Kath's room. The only reason I told Chris was because I trusted him. Besides, I hadn't seen Liz and Ayo ever since breakfast.

I locked the door and Chris asked, "Okay, what is going on?".

"Here" I brought out Kath's laptop and showed him her last entry in her diary. Chris was shocked.

"Kath didn't die of the heart disease?" Chris muttered in disbelief, "but the doctor said she did. Or was the doctor mistaken when he said that she was cured?". Chris looked at me puzzled.

"That's what I want to find out. We need the doctor's address, anything so we can talk to him" I said glad that Chris was catching up and interested in this matter.

"Okay, let's go now" Chris said immediately. We left the house and went to the hospital where Kath's doctor worked at. We asked around and got to meet him privately. We knocked on his door.

"Come in" the doctor said and we stepped in. The doctor looked up at us in surprise and did a double take on seeing Chris. "Chris...I didn't..." The doctor said oddly surprised. I noticed he had started shaking. Is he hiding something?.

"Why are you so scared to see us?" I asked suspiciously.

"Who is he?" The doctor asked, turning to Chris.

"The man who would have been Kath's husband if she didn't die of the heart disease" Chris said, glaring at the doctor. The doctor gulped and I noticed he seemed nervous. He was definitely hiding something. I also like to think if Kath had lived longer, we would have gotten married.

"Tell us, did you or did you not tell Kath she was cured" I asked slowly and as menacingly as I could.

"Whe-where did you hear that from? I-I didn't" the doctor stuttered.

"You are lying, we have proof you told Kath she was cured so why did you tell everyone she wasn't cured?" i asked angrily, "why doesn't her family know she didn't die of the heart disease? Tell me, as a doctor, is it right to keep such information from your patient's family".

Chris pointed a gun at the doctor and he paled. He went on his knees, pleading furiously for us to spare his life. I wasn't comfortable with this but so far it would get us answers.

"Answer us and don't lie or else you die. It's not an empty threat" Chris said and the doctor shivered. Chris cocked the gun "tell us".

"It wasn't my fault, she threatened to kill me" the doctor began to spill out.

"Who?" I asked confused.