Beach Day

Over a billion smiles there and yours is the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

Wish #4: go to a beach.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV

Ayo drove us to the beach in his car and you should have seen Katherine's reaction when we arrived. She was ecstatic. She was giving off so many happy vibes that I was worried she would explode out of sheer happiness.

We went to an area to change and Ayo and I talked. "Where did you get Kath from?" Ayo asked,voicing out his first thoughts, "She is like a bundle of energy. It's hard to keep up with her enthusiasm".

"I know" I sighed,feeling relieved that someone understood me. "And trust me,if I told you how I met her,you would think I'm dumb".

Ayo looked bewildered but didn't attempt to pursue it. He turned back to me after a minute asking, "is she your girlfriend?".

"What?!" I exclaimed incredulously. I backed away,giving him a disbelieving look. My mouth was so wide open I was sure two eggs could be stuffed inside.

"I'm guessing not" Ayo concluded,seemingly understanding my shock. He nodded and turned back to his clothes.

"Why would you say that?!" I exclaimed a bit upset,recovering from my initial shock. "You know I just broke up with Miriam and you expected me to go off and come back with a girlfriend after my heart was broken?!".

"Chill dude,I didn't mean it like that" Ayo said. "It's just,you don't have a lot of friends so, you bringing a girl we have no idea of is...sort of strange".

I pursed my lips "I have friends that you don't know".

"Who? Efe? Gladys? Anthony?" Ayo called,his mocking grin getting wider.

I frowned,turning away from him, "idiot".

Ayo just chuckled and followed me. We dropped a few of our things in his car and met Kath standing by the entrance of the beach. She looked good in her beach wear and she was shaking in excitement.

"I think she might combust" Ayo commented from behind me

"True friends think alike" I said, nodding in agreement. Kath caught sight of us and waved excitedly. We got to where she was standing.

"Hi guys,you looked good in beach wear" Kath said,running her eyes through our form appreciatively. She nodded impressed. I raised an eyebrow at her attitude,I never knew she was one to check out guys. At that moment,I couldn't help but run my eyes over Kath properly and notice so many pretty things about her.

The smile on her face-,it looked beautiful. I could feel everything she was feeling through her smile. It captivated me.

"...Dave?" Someone called,jolting me out of my thoughts. It was Ayo. He gestured for me to go in "Let's go in".